Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnose Dads buggy issue.

Dad has a Polaris Ranger 570 EFI

Was running fine and then all of a sudden didn't want to start. It tries and actually fires up for 1-2 seconds every now and then but that's it.

Fuel pump is pumping. I can hear it and took the gas line off where it connects to engine and it shoots fuel when you turn the key.

Pulled spark plug and it looked ok. Even tried a new spark plug.

Bad gas maybe? Brother put gas in it right before it started doing this.

Other ideas?

Is it getting fire? With the spark plug pulled, plug the wire back on and hold the base of the plug against the motor with a pair of Channel-Locks. Have someone crank the motor to see if the plug sparks. I'd check that first
    Last edited by highspeed; 07-06-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Battery? I have a polaris 4 wheeler that did this often. Turns out the voltage reg was bad and not keeping my batterys charged.

Comment

Bad injector maybe?

Comment

Take a fuel sample in a glass jar from the fuel pump.

Comment

My Teryx did that. Was the wire to the crankshaft position sensor. Mouse/rat/squirrel chewed it.

Comment

Mine was a piece of trash in the tank and would catch on the intake to the pump...

Comment

Check the oil.

Murphy switch?

Comment

Is it possible that he put E15 or something in it? I have heard of hard-starts happening with regular gas that is E10-ish.

Comment

Well lets see where to begin with the issues we have had with our 500efi.

Map sensor wires bad rubbed in to.
                    TPS sensor same
                    misc other wires in main harness right under driver seat belt buckle under seat frame.
                    Fuel pump.

And craziest one yet. Would run great then die run a bit then cut out etc. Turned out the ingintion key was bad. And driving it would rattle the guts inside and make it turn on and off rapidly.

All of these where with a 2010 model. Have several different ones and this one was the most dissapointing one. Those are things i would check first.

Comment

My guess is an injector. You can buy them online and they are easy to change. I’ve done it on one of ours that had similar symptoms.

Comment

Fuel pumps are notorious on those for going out. If it doesn't have sufficient pressure, it will never fire.

Comment

When was the last time the air filter was changed? Mine did similar and it turned out to be a clogged air filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Fuel pumps are notorious on those for going out. If it doesn't have sufficient pressure, it will never fire.
                            When I disconnect the gas line on top of tank the pump shoots gas up pretty high when key is turned. Has more pressure than I thought it should have LOL But I have no idea how much it should have.

I'll check battery but it's only a few months old plus we just charged it to full.

Will check spark next.. After it cools down a little.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              When I disconnect the gas line on top of tank the pump shoots gas up pretty high when key is turned. Has more pressure than I thought it should have LOL But I have no idea how much it should have.

I'll check battery but it's only a few months old plus we just charged it to full.

Will check spark next.. After it cools down a little.
                              I went thru 2 new batterys. Thats how i figured out it was the voltage regulator that was out. I thought the first battery was just a bad battery. Then it happened to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                              X