Lyondell Refinery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyondell Refinery

When asked about how many jobs would be impacted, the company told ABC13 that there are about 550 employees currently, but they are committed to assisting them.

This certainly will not help gas prices.

Hopefully someone will buy it before closing the doors. I feel for the employees, contractors and vendors.

Comment

12/23 is a long way off but the way so maybe something will come up for all involved.

Comment

Worked there for 12 years before heading east down 225 where I have been for the last 10 years. Was a great place to work back then. Still have some friends there that I hope will not be affected by this....

Comment

I saw "part of their carbon reduction plan" on one article.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            12/23 is a long way off but the way so maybe something will come up for all involved.
            To correct my illiterate self.
            The timeframe of closure, targeted for 12/2023 is a long time off. Hopefully something will come up for everyone employed at this location.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              I saw "part of their carbon reduction plan" on one article.
              maybe on their books, but will bet some chinese operator will buy it and it'll keep cranking

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                maybe on their books, but will bet some chinese operator will buy it and it'll keep cranking
                That has been tried in the past with refineries and the govt blocked it. Hope it continues.

Comment

LHR is my biggest customer....misleading title by the media, imagine that! LHR has been sold (probably to Chevron)....the plant is NOT going to close and the 6 other Lyondell facilities are staying open. No one would shut down a 250,000 barrel refinery.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    LHR is my biggest customer....misleading title by the media, imagine that! LHR has been sold (probably to Chevron)....the plant is NOT going to close and the 6 other Lyondell facilities are staying open. No one would shut down a 250,000 barrel refinery.
                    I figured this was the case. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                      Hope you are correct. But, it happens. There have been a number of refineries shuttered recently. Here is one Shell shut down in La.. Some may reopen as tank farms or renewable fuels facilities with a fraction of the workforce.

240,000 bbls
                      Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-22-2022, 06:21 PM.

Comment

This has long been planned. They were going to run a process to sell the refinery in 2020 but with covid the bad no suitors. They held in and decided to finally move forward now. It will sell just not sure where it transacts. I doubt chevron buys, seems likely to go with a privately backed group that is less esg focused.

Comment

Working...
                        X