EZ Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
    Here is what I did to mine, which is what he did to his.

Also, crossmember added to the legs.

Thank you! That's simple enough even I can wrap my head around it.

Comment

You're welcome!

Steel plates were purchased at HD.

Comment

TSC in Zapata had #600 EZs last time I was there.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

EZ Feeder

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Here is what I did to mine, which is what he did to his.

Also, crossmember added to the legs.

Nice add on the cross member. [emoji1360] Like MS, I added the 4 pre-cut plates to each side. Bought the plates at Home Depot for $7-8/each on the advice of somebody in the big EZ TBH thread. I think they’ve gone up to $9-10 after Covid. Still worth the ease of purchase and install for a wood guy with no metal scrap laying around. No cutting required on the 4 plates. I recently also took a fifth plate and cut out some 1.5”x 9” straps from it for the corners when we got pics of a few overachievers spending too much time in them. No real noticeable corn loss but they were there. Prob just trying to get the corn laying on the plates post spin they couldn’t reach. The gray denotes where I put them. Just a single self tapper in each end from the top and they were installed. No pics of coons in those corners for a couple months now.

A couple of pics. I’ll see if I can find a link to Home Depot plates ..

Last edited by Smart; 06-29-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

EZ Feeder

Here are the plates. $10.38 each now.

Comment

Has anyone had to change out the motor on an EZ Feeder? Mine got flooded and it needs a new assembly.
              Last edited by No-Tox; 09-25-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                Has anyone had to change out the motor on an EZ Feeder? Mine got flooded and it needs a new assembly.
                Yes.

The one in the picture I posted above ended up having a short in it. I contacted ASF and told them what was going on, they sent a new motor along with a return shipping label so the original could be checked.

The biggest pain is emptying the feeder. After that, it basically just reversing the process of assembling one. With my 2 being from TSC and ordered instead of bought on site, they weren’t assembled so I knew exactly what to do after having put 2 together previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  Yes.

The one in the picture I posted above ended up having a short in it. I contacted ASF and told them what was going on, they sent a new motor along with a return shipping label so the original could be checked.

The biggest pain is emptying the feeder. After that, it basically just reversing the process of assembling one. With my 2 being from TSC and ordered instead of bought on site, they weren’t assembled so I knew exactly what to do after having put 2 together previously.
                  Do you have to disassemble anything as far as the barrel itself? I just bought one so I’d like to know for future reference.

Comment

Just flip the feeder onto its lid and unbolt the plate assembly. From there, remove the motor from the plate, install the new one and run the wiring, bolt it back together.

There's not much to it really, just a pain if you have a basically full feeder which I did when I had to swap the one out I mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo V View Post
                      TSC in Elgin started carrying the Lamco feeders as well - shocked the heck out of me! Have no seen any EZ fill there yet
                      TSC in College Station has Lamco feeders also.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        TSC in College Station has Lamco feeders also.
                        Any chance you got a price? I think the Victoria one also has Lamco’s but I never priced them.

Comment

Good deal

Comment

I noticed when I went to change the time on my clock last weekend there was quite a bit of corn in the timer and battery housing. I’m not sure how it got there but I’d just as soon keep it out. Has anyone figured out where that comes from and how to keep it out?

Comment

EZ Feeder

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              I noticed when I went to change the time on my clock last weekend there was quite a bit of corn in the timer and battery housing. I’m not sure how it got there but I’d just as soon keep it out. Has anyone figured out where that comes from and how to keep it out?

Look for a gap where the funnel goes through the battery/timer compartment. Lotta folks have added silicone there to stop that.

Comment

Anyone know if Buccee's is selling those EZ Block Feeder holders?

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/co...z-block-feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X