Polk County Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    Maybe the biggest 4 point I’ve ever seen. Good luck on him. He’s a big deer too it seems.
    Ty! Maybe when the season gets rolling I will do a live hunt for him. I am not going to do alot until mid October.

Comment

Very cool old buck! Good luck!

Comment

Too cool. Good luck on your journey of tagging that beast!

Comment

Awesome looking dee. I bet he could do some damage in the rut

Comment

Thats awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Awesome looking dee. I bet he could do some damage in the rut
              You have to wonder… does this guy intimidate big deer with their normal racks or what? I would hate to be on the receiving end of that long tine.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                As the title says, a real monster. We had only two pictures of this guy last year as he spent most of his time on my neighbors property. Looks like he really developed over the summer! Seems to be hanging out under our feeder, which is ironically one of the last old school dusk to dawn Moultrie feeders still in the woods and working. My first thought was that he’s not a legal buck… but after looking at several pictures it becomes pretty clear he would go 13.

Seems that the last week the pig bomb went off as well. Anybody else have no pigs up untill right about now and then boom!

[ATTACH]1103053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1103054[/ATTACH]
                We have his sheds from last year. Both were found in a feed pen not far from your place.
                Last edited by DedDuk; 09-21-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  Crummy picture, But the overall grainy picture adds to the mystique of this beast.

[ATTACH]1103071[/ATTACH]
                  This picture cracks me up!

Comment

Skim!

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                      We have his sheds from last year. Both were found in a feed pen not far from your place.
                      The plot thickens. I am sure he spends more time over on the pasture than on my place. Like I said we only had two pictures of him last year and my neighbor had a lot more. Probably roams all three properties. If y’all shoot him, let me know.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	84CE5D64-1CFD-42D7-B3D2-19EBB4687083.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24692861

Click image for larger version

Name:	7F67AA40-A127-4FD2-A18C-1BF3F61534C3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24692862

This is the deer I posted earlier. The velvet pic was sent to my brother’s grandson from a friend of his. This is 4 1/2 miles away from us. Once he shed the velvet, he made his way to our place and stayed. After rifle season opened, he finally got a crack at him. The 3 or 4 days prior of him getting killed, this dude showed up on about every camera I had on 750 acres. Think I had him on 7 out of 9 cameras. He was covering some ground. Must have been full rut going on.
                        Anyway, this deer had a old bullet wound from the previous year. He cut the jaw out and had it aged. He was told 2 1/2 year old!!! Pics I have, he looked a lot older than that.

Comment

^ cool story and great picture. I would def think a deer like that is older! Amazing the beatings they can take and how far they roam. I would be curious to see if the one on my place has a previous wound of some sort.

Comment

That’s a good deer ..hope u get a crack at him early

Comment

great there goes the lease prices up again after you post something like this!

Comment

I'm not familiar with AR anymore, but would he not qualify as a spike and AR would not matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X