Processing a Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing a Deer

I'm always looking for better ways to do things and I think I have a pretty good method to processing deer but I feel like I could improve some.

This is probably the best deer processing video I've seen. High quality, good lighting, and the man really explains it well from a field dressed deer to ready to package. He doesn't skip anything, either. It is about 35 minutes long.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-64a0u0kUhQ"]Full Deer Processing Tutorial and Cut Up (HOW TO) - YouTube[/ame]

Picked up a few tricks. I now really want an electric winch to skin my deer .

Comment

I wish when a person took hunters education this was part of the coarse or at least the field dressing importance, the undressed deer brought in to the processing plant are shameful IMO.
      Thanks for posting

Comment

nice!

Comment

Tagged. I’ve been processing them for 35+ years but always have room to improve

Comment

Tagged for when I have free 35 mins. 😀

Comment

Good Video!!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                Picked up a few tricks. I now really want an electric winch to skin my deer .
                A vehicle works.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  I wish when a person took hunters education this was part of the coarse or at least the field dressing importance, the undressed deer brought in to the processing plant are shameful IMO.
                  Thanks for posting
                  4 quarters and backstraps kept edible is all Texas requires. I'm guilty of not getting every ounce of meat off the carcass. I need to do better myself

Comment

[ATTACH]1102326[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                    X