Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've seen on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
    Was riding down a county road with my Grandfather when I was a kid and we found a body that had been dumped. It didn't rattle me as much as it did my Grandfather, and to this day I remember the look on his face as we went to a gas station just down the road to call the authorities. He ended up going to testify in one of the trials of Henry Lee Lucas.
    My neighbor was one of the few that escaped him. Her roommate was killed, she jumped off the second floor balcony tied up to escape.

Comment

Back in 1980, I saw a guy who went to sleep drift off the road and jump two driveways in downtown Tucker, TX. He flew that Bronco 66 feet from the first driveway to the next. Nobody hurt, but my son and I were pretty shook up. Drove my ‘79 Bronco on home and assessed the damage the next morning. New front end……

Comment

An old crazy man named Ted at Port A walking the beach road. Old tanned rag clothes screaming at himself. As a young man with frequent trips to the beach surfing and fishing there was an old man who was always walking around the beach, bottled up cussin, asking for pot, fairly out of his gourd. He was always there slumming around. Someone on this thread probably remembers him. This was around 1980ish

Comment

Not me, but one of my drivers. He thought he had a low tire so he pulled off the shoulder on Grand Parkway 99 just west of 59, right by Valley Ranch Town Center. Minutes later he called his supervisor…”Man, I just found a boot and the foot is still in it”. It was only a few miles from shop, so supervisor drove over to make sure before calling 911. Well supervisor found an arm and a mangled motorcycle and called the authorities. When they arrived, they found a head and then a torso with an arm attached.

Poor guy was hauling arse and straightened a curve. The TXDOT barrier at that location is about 4 equally spaced 1/2” cables. Poor guy hit those cables and it didn’t give. Horrible accident with horrible results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
            A few minutes ago heading home from the Astros game, I seen a girl twerking and a dude filming on the side of I10 on the old river lost river bridge. What have y'all seen?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
            you know the rules.... pics/video or it didn't happen

Comment

I seen a bunch of gold flakes from the bottom of a bottle of goldschlager one night when I was younger. Felt it coming up and had to make my buddy pull over.

Dad and I were out working on a deer lease near Carta Valley and we were headed to Del Rio to stay the night. A car passed us and then about 10 miles up the road they straightened out a curve and flipped over. Driver was ejected and had slid across the asphalt. The passenger was asleep when the accident occurred and was standing in the road kicking his dead brother.

Going down highway 90 one morning on the way to work I seen a car in front of me run over a 10 foot aligator

Comment

Saw a guy standing on the side of the road looking for work !
                At least that’s what his sign said.
                I was amazed, because no one is looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                  I saw a boat and trailer with a guy sitting in it on the side of I35.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                  I did that once. Buddy blew a tire on his trailer and didn’t have a spare. He unhitched and ran home real quick while I watched all our crap.

Comment

15 or so years ago came up on an SUV that had flipped and rolled between Conroe and Huntsville on 45. I don’t know how many people had started out in the SUV, but a lot of them weren’t wearing seatbelts. Thankfully police and fire were already there. I counted 5 bodies covered with sheets over about a 100 ft span. Found it on the news later and if I remember correctly there were 11 or 12 people in the car, and 6 ended up ejected and killed.

Again on 45, outside Corsicana, there was a small car doing about 60 in the left lane. I passed him on the right and looked over and the dude was masturbating furiously while driving with his free hand.

I saw a boat and trailer that had flipped when a guy ran over about a 10 ft gator.

Not my story, but my cousin was passing an 18-wheeler when it splattered a cow that had wandered into the middle of the road

Comment

One time I was about 12 years old and leaving the lease with my dad. There was a truck parked facing us down the county road. The door was open and all we could see was someone’s feet as they were standing outside but leaning back inside the vehicle into the drivers seat. We drove towards it and slowed down as it appeared odd. Right as we came in line we could see it was some dude butt naked and he had some girl he was “servicing”. My dad said “we’ll I guess they probably don’t need our help” and we left and never talked about it again.

Comment

My parents lived in Mesquite. I lived in Corsicana.
                        I was going to visit them and turned off of I45 on to I20(Loop 635).
                        Thought I was going insane; the roadsides were all white. Bright white! even the median.
                        Finally figured out a storm had dumped hail all over and covered the non tire heated areas.
                        None was on I45 and had no warning that I was turning into the twilight zone.

Comment

Watched a guy leave the bar one night, drove about 200 yards and hit a tree in front of a house, he then jumped out and lite the truck on fire and walked home. When cops got there we told them what happened and who it was, so they went and picked him up. I saw the guy a few days later and both arms were wrapped up because he caught himself on fire too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                            Watched a guy leave the bar one night, drove about 200 yards and hit a tree in front of a house, he then jumped out and lite the truck on fire and walked home. When cops got there we told them what happened and who it was, so they went and picked him up. I saw the guy a few days later and both arms were wrapped up because he caught himself on fire too.
                            did they arrest him for illegal possession of firearms???

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              did they arrest him for illegal possession of firearms???
                              ROFL !
                              That’s a good one.

Comment

Dead body a couple times

Comment

Working...
                                X