Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people bothered by small things in life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people bothered by small things in life?

I have a hat that I've worn literally every day for 8 years. It used to be black now it's a little faded and you can tell it's seen some things. It's amazing to me how many people my hat bothers. I can honestly say I never look at another person and give much thought if any to what they're wearing. Unless it's extremely weird then I might think it's weird but I ain't gonna say anything because it's not my business. I wouldn't ever tell someone "Hey you should get a new hat." Or "Hey it's about time for a new shirt." Because......why? If they like it that's ok. They're the one wearing it. I wash my hat it's just old.....

Just an observation. I think it's weird how much things people do really bug other people. Same with haircuts. I don't like getting haircuts or shaving my face. All the time I hear "You need a haircut." I'm 33 freakin years old. I'm well aware I have longer hair than some people. But I don't tell those people "You know somethin? You should grow your hair out and put a beard on that face." It's just strange to me that people care so much.

I don't particularly care to interact with folks. Used to people with beards and long hair were somewhat of a sign that, that person is a degenerate and could possibly murder you so keep walkin. Sad to say that's slowly going away and people talk to you anyways. Now days they're like "What a nice guy. I told him his hat was gross and he just smiled." That's not really the look I'm going for.
    Last edited by okrattler; 08-30-2022, 06:33 PM.

What is your stance on dating? Say if your in your 40s or 50s? Asking for a friend😉

Comment

You lost me on the first sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        What is your stance on dating? Say if your in your 40s or 50s? Asking for a friend😉
        I think there was a thread on here somewhere about that. I may have posted in it. Not sure.LOL

Comment

Some people are bothered by people who look like a run of the mill dirtbag. It would not bother me at all unless you smelled.

Comment

Now that I'm retired I've changed a little. Have gotten the "don't GAS" attitude bad. My favorite around the house wear is ragged cut-offs and old,stained T-shirts. I mean I'm putterin around the place all day doin what I see needs doin so what does it mean to anyone else what I wear? And I go to Wallyworld or TSC or the hardware store the same way. My theory is, I was workin before I went and will be workin when I get back, so why change.
            Pi$$es the wife off to no end that I won't "clean up" before I go into town.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              I have a favorite hat.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                ditto!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  Some people are bothered by people who look like a run of the mill dirtbag. It would not bother me at all unless you smelled.
                  I shower. Wear nice boots,nice shirts,nice jeans. Just look kinda like Jesus Christ in an old hat.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I have a hat that I've worn literally every day for 8 years. It used to be black now it's a little faded and you can tell it's seen some things. It's amazing to me how many people my hat bothers. I can honestly say I never look at another person and give much thought if any to what they're wearing. Unless it's extremely weird then I might think it's weird but I ain't gonna say anything because it's not my business. I wouldn't ever tell someone "Hey you should get a new hat." Or "Hey it's about time for a new shirt." Because......why? If they like it that's ok. They're the one wearing it. I wash my hat it's just old.....

Just an observation. I think it's weird how much things people do really bug other people. Same with haircuts. I don't like getting haircuts or shaving my face. All the time I hear "You need a haircut." I'm 33 freakin years old. I'm well aware I have longer hair than some people. But I don't tell those people "You know somethin? You should grow your hair out and put a beard on that face." It's just strange to me that people care so much.

I don't particularly care to interact with folks. Used to people with beards and long hair were somewhat of a sign that, that person is a degenerate and could possibly murder you so keep walkin. Sad to say that's slowly going away and people talk to you anyways. Now days they're like "What a nice guy. I told him his hat was gross and he just smiled." That's not really the look I'm going for.

You shouldn't allow yourself to be bothered by small things in life.... like what people think about your hat or hair.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      I shower. Wear nice boots,nice shirts,nice jeans. Just look kinda like Jesus Christ in an old hat.
                      I am just being funny. I wear socks and flip flops to walmart. It kills my wife.

Comment

How do y’all feel about men wearing pajama pants in public? Asking for the same friend.

Comment

I'm bothered my ribeye marinade...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            You shouldn't allow yourself to be bothered by small things in life.... like what people think about your hat or hair.
                            I feel where he's coming from but glad someone else caught the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Hogslayer hogslayer. Hogslayer. I am laughing my poor tattered post covid guts out.

Comment

Working...
                              X