X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought resistant cross’s , gentle as newborn lambs
    Attached Files

Comment

You might consider raising a few slaughter calves from the sale barn instead of the headache that comes with momma cows and a bull. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        You might consider raising a few slaughter calves from the sale barn instead of the headache that comes with momma cows and a bull. Just my .02 cents.
        Agree with Gumbo, although you might consider buying a handful of calves from a local rancher. They might be a little higher, but you'll have less health problems than with calves from the sale barn.
        Sale barns are like day care...one kid has a snotty nose, then all of the kids take a snotty nose home.

Comment

Angus or brangus cows and a hereford bull

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out Greg Judy's youtube channel. Dude is a pioneer. His breed of choice is the South Poll.

Comment

^^^ This. It takes 39 months to produce a steer for slaughter. 9 months of pregnancy and 30 months of growing.

Comment

my neighbors Angus prefer my grass over theirs.........only had 10 on me 2 weeks ago.......you will get answers all over the place on cattle preference......If just for you look at Wagyu cross with Charolais, not a straight wagyu bull but an angus cross pretty interesting

Comment

We recently started slowly transitioning from angus cows only to angus and charlais. My observations: The charlais mommas Have no trouble calving. Good weights on calves when ready to sell. Mommas are good mommas from what we have noticed. Slaughtered one this year and taste is excellent. Yes they have more bone weight to meat ratio but not sure how much. . The rub on charlais was always they bring a little less than other breeds at the auction pound for pound but the last few years the charlais cross calves bring the same.

Comment

Waygu cross for eating purposes, but I would feed out before slaughter, grass fed just isn’t very good

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln Hawk View Post
                      Check out Greg Judy's youtube channel. Dude is a pioneer. His breed of choice is the South Poll.

Just subscribed to his channel

Comment

I’m considering this as well. Seems like a good way to ease into it

Comment

My uncle always had 50 head or so of beefmaster but more or less a hobby rancher. His advice was to go to HEB and get what you want when you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            I’m considering this as well. Seems like a good way to ease into it
                            Make sure they are weaned or have very good fences. They will hunt their mommas for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              My uncle always had 50 head or so of beefmaster but more or less a hobby rancher. His advice was to go to HEB and get what you want when you want it.
                              I'm sure he's wanting to keep his AG exception.

Comment

Working...
                              X