No announcement yet.

Axe throwing for fun and competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in HS my best friends father had a business to provide entertainment for large parties that ran out of the WigWam resort.
    He had a chuck wagon over a hundred horses and all of the entertainment you could think of to go along with it.
    I was in charge of the axe throwing area. Had a lot of fun with it especially as the partiers got intoxicated.
    I have been wanting to get to one of these new trendy places to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I throw one handed. It's is a good way to relax. Unless you hit the handle of another hawk. I keep a small one in my pack, comes in very handy. You can break down game very fast with one.
      I keep my archery target at the base of my throwing target.
      Attached Files

Comment

Always needed to get an actual tomahawk and try. Long time ago when i was into throwing knives and stars, i bought a gill hibon all steel axe. Couldn't throw it for crap. Too short and if i let go too soon, it would whip around and that blade gets too close to the hand. Been wanting some more knives too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, I wanted to share an interesting guide about axes! We're planning with my friends to make a competition in axe throwing. If someone can advise me what the lightest tomahawk for throwing which should be suitable for the girl? I'm 22 yo
          Thank you
          Last edited by Oomkin; 12-11-2019, 01:11 AM. Reason: fxd

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            It is a blast!!! Did it in Vegas
            Which one did you go to in Vegas? We thought about getting a group together to go last year at a convention. Not everyone thought it was a great idea so it was off to Top Golf again.

Comment

I had no idea this existed but definitely need to try it.

Comment

My bride and I went to the one in Austin I think it was called classAxe, when I was working in round rock. We had a blast. I ended up taking the win in our head to head group. Working on building a target for the back yard.

Comment

This post is right on time, as I have been wanting to set up a target for casual knife and axe throwing for years. With the addition of a cabin in the woods on my place I am definitely ready to do this!

Any tips on target set up and economic weapon purchase would be welcomed. I am thinking that I would prefer to stay with an all metal design for durability.

Comment

Yep sign me up

Comment

I'm sure the kids and womenfolk really enjoy that.....

Hold my beer.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM6deeiTRO4"]2015 STIHL Timbersports Hot Saw Australian Record - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

was this chick there?

Last edited by bullhead44; 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

WOW!!! nice deal

Comment

We have a few of these in San Diego. Bar and grill with throwing lanes. It seems like it’s getting popular.

Comment

Me & the boy going for the kill shot...yeah, it's a new thing for us kid & women folk.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

562 views, 5 likes, 0 loves, 9 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Kickin Axes RGV: What to do on a Friday night Axes , Family , Friends , Beer and food all under one roof why...

Comment

A good friend of mine owns an axe throwing venue in Ft. Worth. It’s fun but a ain’t worth a darn at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X