Axe throwing for fun and competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axe throwing for fun and competition

...Is an absolute blast! A new friend invited me to a guys night at Urban Axes in Austin and I was impressed with their production, layout and customer service. The Coach was very helpful and entertaining.

Austin’s original home of competitive axe throwing since 2017! Now offering free drinks to all guests!

We played an head to head elimination game. I ended up losing the Championship to a league member. There is a whole form process and shot cycle which I picked up quickly...I think in part to shooting archery and trad in particular.

Try it out.

Byron
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

I've seen this. I like to think of it as "darts for lumberjacks" LOL That said, I enjoy a few drinks when throwing darts/shooting pool. I view axe throwing as a similar activity. Could get dangerous

Comment

There was an extraordinary amount of good looking females having a great time. A bunch of shield maidens... not obese smelly Wiccan Renfesters.

Comment

Wife loves going to the one here in Houston

Comment

It is fun. I've done it in Calgary (hatchet size axe) and Halifax (full size) and they have full sports bar setups. Great place to take a first date.

Drink a few beers, throw axes, what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            Drink a few beers, throw axes, what's not to like?
            What could possibly go wrong? Sounds like fun!

Comment

Gee thanks, Briar: just now went down a YouTube rabbit hole learning all about how to throw axes and tomahawks... and forge them and fell trees and sharpen chain saws....

Hate when I do that, but it's all so dang INTERESTING!

Comment

It is a blast!!! Did it in Vegas

Comment

I throw some at the house. Last pic is one I just got in a trade, brass pins installed in a cross pattern on blade face. Said was over 40 yrs old.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    I throw some at the house. Last pic is one I just got in a trade, brass pins installed in a cross pattern on blade face. Said was over 40 yrs old.
                    Some good looking 'Hawks there. I've been throwing them for years, but am out of practice as I haven't thrown much in the past few years.

Comment

My dad.. in his younger years made a lot of things in his blacksmith forge.. tomahawks were one of them. The ole dude thought he was some kind of mountain man for a while.
                      Anyway, we spent a lot of time throwing tomahawks and knives he made at different targets. It was definitely fun and pretty cool to watch him smith these things into being

Comment

This looks like fun. I may check it out after deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          Gee thanks, Briar: just now went down a YouTube rabbit hole learning all about how to throw axes and tomahawks... and forge them and fell trees and sharpen chain saws....

Hate when I do that, but it's all so dang INTERESTING!
                          Youre welcome!

Urban Axes in Atown is BYOB. Strict... No hard liquor policy. They even have fridges at the bays for tasty beverages.

Im gonna take my wife for a date night there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Nice looking weapons. Thanks for sharing. You throw two handed or one handed? Any helpful hints on aiming?

Comment

We threw axes a lot in forestry school to prepare for local Field Day and national Conclave. Axes are easier than knives. I'm sure we weren't ever drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X