Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with license question? Hunting Missouri and Kansas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with license question? Hunting Missouri and Kansas.

I'm looking to take a hunting trip to Kansas or Missouri and looked up nonresident licenses.

Missouri's license seems straight forward and reasonable. Kansas is a little higher and talked about a drawing.

My question pertains to hunting private land in Kansas. Would I still have to go through the draw or just need to purchase a nonresident license? Going to call next week but was curious if any of you have gone through the process already.

You have to draw KS....and the draw period is over. Unless your close family has land in KS or qualify as a NR tenant or NR landowner. There...clear as mud

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      You have to draw KS....and the draw period is over. Unless your close family has land in KS or qualify as a NR tenant or NR landowner. There...clear as mud
      So if you are a land owner there is no draw? Buy over the counter?

Comment

If you are talking about hunting deer in Ks., then yes, you have to go thru the draw. If you are going to hunt anything else, you just need a NR license.

Comment

I’ve hunted both. KS is draw. We actually should see draw results very soon.
          NR landowners in KS can get their tags OTC and not draw. NR tenant is another story.

MO is very straight forward. Go online or to any vendor and purchase your tags/license.

Here is my $.02. If you are looking for this yr, go to MO. Nxt yr, consider more options. KS quality and #s are declining every yr with more and more NR’s coming into the state. I believe this to be due to the fact that every hunting show hunts in KS.

If I were considering an out of state hunt for 2020, I would be thinking about Illinois, Western Kentucky, Northern Missouri or Montana.

You can actually find leases for cheaper that a lease costs here. Just gotta do your homework. KS isnt a terrible option either but the hunting is HARD and there arent 150”s behind every tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
            I’ve hunted both. KS is draw. We actually should see draw results very soon.
            NR landowners in KS can get their tags OTC and not draw. NR tenant is another story.

MO is very straight forward. Go online or to any vendor and purchase your tags/license.

Here is my $.02. If you are looking for this yr, go to MO. Nxt yr, consider more options. KS quality and #s are declining every yr with more and more NR’s coming into the state. I believe this to be due to the fact that every hunting show hunts in KS.

If I were considering an out of state hunt for 2020, I would be thinking about Illinois, Western Kentucky, Northern Missouri or Montana.

You can actually find leases for cheaper that a lease costs here. Just gotta do your homework. KS isnt a terrible option either but the hunting is HARD and there arent 150”s behind every tree.
            More and more NR coming? I don’t believe the NR quota has gone up the last 3-4 years.

Comment

I think the lease prices has More people going out of state for a week at a time to get to hunt different parts of the US. I’m heading to Northern Missouri this November as well

Comment

I just found out that the land is in Missouri. Which I'm grateful for due to cheaper license and no draw. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X