• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hittman View Post
    Full synthetic?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yes

Comment

Changing your own oil doesn't make you a mechanic. I did it for years...to hell with that.

For $25 more they grease everything, check all fluids, vacum it and give me a free car wash at their wash.....all while I walk over to whataburger and get lunch, or knockouts for a hair cut. I'm not wasting my time getting tools out and cleaning them up.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Yes
        That's a steal!

Comment

07 Tahoe and 2000 GMC Sierra-myself at the same time usually

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            2015 Tahoe. 5.3 ltr. $55 includes oil change, tire rotation, and a car wash at the dealer I got it from. Don Hewlet.
            Just got a quote from the dealer I bought from... $89 plus however much for the additional 3 quarts over the normal 5 qt [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              Where is everyone buying there oil? Online, store?
              Mobile one is like $9 a quart. I use it in my s10 and wanted to start using it in my Silverado.
              But it would cost more to do it myself than what the Chevy dealer can do it for.

If there’s a better place to buy I would like to know.
              Watch for Napa’s sales advertised online. The last one ended May 31st. Mobil 1 full synthetic was $6.99 a quart. I’ve only found it one other place cheaper and not a special sale price. And it wasn’t Walmart. I don’t care to know about their prices.
              Last edited by Worksalot; 06-08-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                Walmart. 23 bucks for a 5 quart full synthetic

But if you look at the oil jugs that Walmart sells, there used to be (might still be) the name WALMART printed on the back. It has been suggested that in order for them to be able to sell it even cheaper may not necessarily have to do with just their buying in big quantities of Mobil and whatever other brands. I have no inside knowledge on this, but the speculation is certainly understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  Where does everyone get rid of the used oil?
                  About every oreillys, autozone etc will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                    About every oreillys, autozone etc will take it.
                    I did not know that, I just called oriellys here and they do have a waste tank, thanks for the info

Comment

If you’re going to change your own oil (or not), look into getting a Fumoto valve. Never unscrew your drain plug again. I’m a fan.

By simply replacing your stock oil drain plug, you can drain your engine oil without tools or mess. Trusted by over 10 million satisfied customers, the original Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve continues to offer individuals, truck owners, marine engine mechanics, and industrial engine maintenance technicians the ability to conduct routine engine oil changes easily, cleanly, and without tools.
                      Last edited by 30-30; 06-08-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        How many of these shops actually use a good full synthetic like Mobil 1 and a decent filter?

You can have them put in whatever they sell.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          You can have them put in whatever they sell.
                          You just hope you get what you’re paying for...

Comment

I take my vehicles to get it done. In my opinion, it costs too much to do it at home. Drive to the store buy the oil and filter, drive home, jack the truck up, get the catch pin, drain the oil and change filter, lower truck and fill her up. Then I got to drive somewhere and dump the old oil. This takes time and I value my time. I take it to the shop 20 minutes later I am rolling back down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post
                              I take my vehicles to get it done. In my opinion, it costs too much to do it at home. Drive to the store buy the oil and filter, drive home, jack the truck up, get the catch pin, drain the oil and change filter, lower truck and fill her up. Then I got to drive somewhere and dump the old oil. This takes time and I value my time. I take it to the shop 20 minutes later I am rolling back down the road.
                              I have never had to jack a truck up to change oil...
                              If I didn’t have the skills to do it faster than a guy making minimum wage I may pay for it too...
                              Do you pay to have your grass mowed too?

Comment

My car is in the shop anyway so no extra time for them to change it. I get my oil changed, tires rotated, balanced and alignment every 6k miles. I pay about $80 for synthetic Castrol but the rest is free (well prepaid at least) at Firestone. I'm at 6500 miles now and my low washer fluid warning light just came on! Time to go in!

Comment

Working...
                                X