What brand of bow do yall recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand of bow do yall recommend?

I am gonna go with a recurve, light weight (40#) or less maybe. So what brands are best and easiest to shoot? I am a beginner traditionalist so go easy on me. Been shooting a compound for over two decades.

Will be split finger release/glove. Back in the day I shot instinctively, so there is that.

Got a lot to learn. What info you are willing to give I would appreciate it. Just keep it simple.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    I am gonna go with a recurve, light weight (40#) or less maybe. So what brands are best and easiest to shoot? I am a beginner traditionalist so go easy on me. Been shooting a compound for over two decades.

Will be split finger release/glove. Back in the day I shot instinctively, so there is that.

Got a lot to learn. What info you are willing to give I would appreciate it. Just keep it simple.
    Pm sent

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

My first recurve was a Martin X200 and its still my primary bow.

Comment

Im not even sure what to look for, what a good vs bad bow is. How to tune a recurve. Im basically ignorant on this subject. So that being said, an entry level bow is probably the ticket. Not sure what to do just yet.

Thanx for the contacts so far.

Comment

Read the Stickys. Google is your friend. Ask lots of question. Get you an inexpensive, low poundage bow like a Samik/Galaxy Sage or one of the OMP bows, some closely spined arrows and work on your form. If you live near an archery range, see if they offer lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
            Read the Stickys. Google is your friend. Ask lots of question. Get you an inexpensive, low poundage bow like a Samik/Galaxy Sage or one of the OMP bows, some closely spined arrows and work on your form. If you live near an archery range, see if they offer lessons.
            Yessir, check, check, check and check. So far that's what I have done. Just trying to get peoples personal opinion or favorites in bow choices.

Thanx, that's good info.

Might get me one of those Black Rhino starters kit , I could probably handle that.

I was watching some youtube today and a lot of the entry level bows are loud/twangy.
            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 10-04-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Hard to beat a samick or mandarin black hunter. I let my friend borrow my samick sage this year since I moved from recurve to longbow. He already took a doe 45# limbs. Lancaster also sells galaxy bows. I have a galaxy black ridge hybrid longbow. It's not fancy but priced right and I'm harvesting game. I didn't want to spend alot of money to find out if I prefer longbow over recurve. Now I know what I like and I might upgrade eventually. Its nice to have a bow that can get knocked around and doesnt make me cringe though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Yessir, check, check, check and check. So far that's what I have done. Just trying to get peoples personal opinion or favorites in bow choices.

Thanx, that's good info.

Might get me one of those Black Rhino starters kit , I could probably handle that.

I was watching some youtube today and a lot of the entry level bows are loud/twangy.
                A lot of the starter bows are loud and twangy because the guy standing behind them doesn't yet understand how to tune and silence a bow. Getting the brace height right will do a lot to quiet a bow. Using heavy arrows does quite a bit more. Then some cat whiskers or a couple of string puffs will take the buzz out that is caused by string vibration. Forgot to mention, starter bows come with crappy strings, usually fat enough for a ninety pound pull. Putting a good string on helps performance and noise level.

Comment

I’d look for a good used sarrels on here. Though not a starter type bow you won’t have to buy another until you get totally hooked on trad.

Comment

Samick/Galaxy - Sage. Well made and budget friendly. Had mine for years. Love the interchangeable limbs. I can start low at 20 lbs and move up in 5 lb increments.

Comment

look into a black hunter I bought one a month ago for a kid to start with I put it together played with it and was shooting bulls eye at 20 yards not bad for a beginner . and only cost 89.50 it took a week and a half to get here . I did put another string on it the one that came with it was not to good . I think it would get you started and cost is just to good to pass up .

Comment

Man U just opened up a can

Comment

I have 40# Samick Sage that I will make you a deal on... If you want make an 1.5 hour drive west I will help you get started.

Comment

I shoot a Great Plainsman longbow. I have had a half dozen others over the last 20 years. It is still my favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                              Man U just opened up a can
                              What? What did I say?

Comment

Working...
                              X