Colorado Bend SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Bend SP

We got drawn at Colorado bend sp 11/3-11/15 for either sex. Never hunted the place. Any one got any pictures of some bucks they’ve killed out there?

My kid killed one there a few years ago that was a 119 - 8 pointer

Comment

Youth hunt. We had an afternoon and the following morning. We weren’t being picky. We did see a larger buck after this one. Another kid took a nice deer that would have scored at 120 +\- Not all kids saw a buck.

Special hunt for us. My parents hunted the ranch in the late 50’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got drawn for either sex gun on 12/18 to 12/20. Looks like a great hunt based on previous years. I plan to camp at the river there inside the park.

Comment

Do they have place inside the park to quarter your deer after it gets weighed or do you need to bring your own ropes and supplies and find a tree?

Comment

I drew a doe hunt in January looking for any advice as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to it. Is there any axis roaming around?

Comment

The ‘cleaning station’ was the fish cleaning station at the river. It was adequate.

I don’t there are very many axis. Primary exotics are aoudad.
                In January- I’d try to pick a unit I didn’t have to share with multiple groups. Then I’d bait several areas within that unit. There are tons of deer, but it’s thick and they will have been pressured by then.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                  We got drawn at Colorado bend sp 11/3-11/15 for either sex. Never hunted the place. Any one got any pictures of some bucks they’ve killed out there?

We got drawn to hunt here two years ago for antlerless and had wonderful success. We hunted compartment 1 which is the compartment as soon as you come in the gate to the right.

This buck was seen two weeks after our hunt by a friend on a antlerless hunt out there.

Comment

My kids each shot a buck from Unit 1 on a youth hunt several years ago.

We camped. Others chose to stay in Lampasas.

The hunt coordinator told us that in all his years at the park, he has seen very, very few axis. We didn’t see any hogs.

The aoudad supposedly hang out closer to the river.

Comment

My family has had reunions at Sulfur Springs camp for 46 years now. We used to as kids hike up to gorman falls before the state park was ever there. Also hunted the land that butts up to the park entrance on the river side which is owned by the same owner of Sulfur Springs camp. Great hunting and target rich environment. You will have a blast.

Comment

Back in the 70's we were camping on the river. 2 whitetail typical does appeared. And a very big grayish doe with bigger ears was also standing there. Mule???
                        I also believe I saw a javelina (not a wild hog) between Burnet and Lampasas completely out of place. Now to ruffle some feathers my long sold mini ranch near Oatmeal and surrounded by Canyon Lands preserve I saw what I truly believe to be a Lynx as in Mexico. I know a Bobcat of Mountain Lion. I accept I may be in error but you never know. Lot of areas have limited folks with lot wild areas left. Sometimes no explanation. Fun stuff

Comment

Question for those that have been there before on a hunt. We have pop ups we are bringing. Is it worth it to bring a portable tripod? Got one that is 8 feet and not a one man carry but can be carried in by 2 when broke down.

Comment

Working...
                          X