X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
    Its worth $900 just to have glens poke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is true!!! Amazing stuff! You'll see it caught, prepared, and eaten on the trip. Glens version is so good!

Comment

If this is an annual, I'm putting it on the calendar for next year. We'll be in Arizona this year. Good luck. My suggestion to all is bring more coolers (for when you return to the dock) than you think you need. One time in Venice I was buying those styro ice chests at 20 a pop cause I had so much tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
        If this is an annual, I'm putting it on the calendar for next year. We'll be in Arizona this year. Good luck. My suggestion to all is bring more coolers (for when you return to the dock) than you think you need. One time in Venice I was buying those styro ice chests at 20 a pop cause I had so much tuna.
        We go every year but usually in October.

Comment

Just talked to Crystal and assuming I have the right trip it's a 16 person 50 hour charter on the Dolphin Express. Price is $925 and initial booking is under the name of Rob. Also there are only 2 spots left.
          Last edited by WhiplashTX; 09-07-2019, 08:18 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Whip it will be a good time. Welcome aboard

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
              We go every year but usually in October.

That’s what I was thinking. Hoping it’s earlier again next year we had family plans already being right after Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                Just talked to Crystal and assuming I have the right trip it's a 16 person 50 hour charter on the Dolphin Express. Price is $925 and initial booking is under the name of Rob. Also there are only 2 spots left.
                Yea it will be a blast!!!! Do you have gear?

Comment

Whoop whoop!

Comment

Man, I'm tempted. I'm planning on going with Capt James at deep sea in February for wahoo.

Wheeler isn’t working a boat anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                      Wheeler isn’t working a boat anymore

I heard that. Will have to get a wahoo fix another way.

Comment

I heard that. Will have to get a wahoo fix another way.

I’m sure they’ll still be running hoo trips.
                        Jon can put em in the deck as well as Wheeler imo.
                        We usually do a wahoo trip too. Last couple times have been with Timmy.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                          Yea it will be a blast!!!! Do you have gear?
                          It's all old but I have a few setups that should be better than what they have on the boat. My light rig will be a Penn 980 on a fast rod, heavy is a Tiagra 50W LRS on a Anglers Center troller.

I was looking at past pictures and noticed very few using a belt and no one was using a harness. Are most just using the rail?

Comment

It's all old but I have a few setups that should be better than what they have on the boat. My light rig will be a Penn 980 on a fast rod, heavy is a Tiagra 50W LRS on a Anglers Center troller.

I was looking at past pictures and noticed very few using a belt and no one was using a harness. Are most just using the rail?
                            A few do use belts but most use one of these.... https://m.tackledirect.com/luna-sea-cush-it.html. They really help!

Don't use the harnesses because they will generally run you around the boat a time or two. Your going to have to weave thru some stuff or possible hand the rig to a deck hand at some point to get around the bow or another problem area. Things happen so quick with those fish and lots of time there are multiple hookups at once. It's just to crazy to get rigged up in a harness!

Comment

Yes sir rail rods for the win
                              I’ll sometimes throw a belt on, but usually just use a Cush it

Comment

Other than Tuna what else do you have a chance at catching from past experience. Not a big fan of Tuna

Comment

Working...
                                X