Crazy turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy turkey

Sitting in the blind late yesterday evening pig hunting, a couple of does were waiting for it to go off. It does and in the brush I see a bunch of black shapes running thru the brush. Out pops a big tom and he heads straight for the .............does. He runs them off the feeder and the mob runs in and starts stealing corn. The does stand out about 50-60 feet looking back and forth at each other. One of them kinda moseys towards the feeder and here comes tom with his hair on fire.
    Never seen that before.

I have seen it before and I have also seen it go the other way where a boss doe wont have any turkey come to a feeder. Most of the time they co-mingle without a problem. I absolutely love spring turkey but prefer not to see them while deer hunting in the fall.

Comment

Lmaooooo!!!! Corn buzzards rule!!![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a video recently where a turkey was chasing off a young buck, if I remember correctly. The buck, looked baffled by the whole deal.

Comment

Every feeder seems to have a bully of some kind. Today I got pics at one of our feeders of a young axis spike with ears laid back running off all the other whitetail, turkey and axis. Sometimes it's a pig. More often than not, it's an old whitetail doe.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
            Sitting in the blind late yesterday evening pig hunting, a couple of does were waiting for it to go off. It does and in the brush I see a bunch of black shapes running thru the brush. Out pops a big tom and he heads straight for the .............does. He runs them off the feeder and the mob runs in and starts stealing corn. The does stand out about 50-60 feet looking back and forth at each other. One of them kinda moseys towards the feeder and here comes tom with his hair on fire.
            Never seen that before.
            Thanksgiving will be here soon

Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Thanksgiving will be here soon

Just saying
              We're one of the spring only counties and I've had wild turkey in the past. Ketchup..........lots of ketchup.

Comment

I have a couple crazy turkey stories and one is just about like that. I sat under a bush many years ago and tossed out some hnd corn. A 2 year old doe came in was enjoying it. A group of toms came in and one of them chased that doe probably 200 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                  We're one of the spring only counties and I've had wild turkey in the past. Ketchup..........lots of ketchup.
                  You're doing it wrong LOL. I just shot a big turkey last weekend. Made sausage and wild turkey gumbo. Boiled the turkey breasts whole in chicken stock with a lot of garlic pepper. Cook 80% through (center of meat still pink) then cut into chunks across the grain and throw into gumbo. Cook another hour and serve! Fantastic.

I've also deep fried a wild-Turkey after flocking; brined it overnight, injected with creole butter and it was awesome.

Comment

I’ve seen turkeys scare a bobcat out of a tree.
                    Had no clue the bobcat was even there.
                    Shot the bobcat : )

Comment

Working...
                    X