No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get off the green screen and hunt! That’s how you learn. Expecting to get any help locating animals on public land via a forum is a joke in itself. General info about rules, tactics, equipment, etc. is where you should end your requests. FWIW, there’s probably less than 10 rangers that actually hunt out there other than during GRXH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
      Ok,

Lets try this instead of looking in 2 or 3 different places.

Lets put the maps at the top of the page for quick reference.
      If it wasnt for this fool.....

Miss you brother

Comment

I walk around aimlessly with a crossbow too freaking heavy to carry. I live semi close so better than sitting in the garage like now wishing I was out of the house. But Too darned cold. May try a compound again. I could not pull and hold due to an injury years ago but feeling kinda ornery so may try and see if it healed enough to go again. I will go out Wednesday.

Comment

I do respect people, especially those who don't demand it. And Rat is right you have to go to know. Or you can just ask what grid coordinate the pigs are at and walk in to shoot them. That would save allot of time. Or ask questions that have not been answered many times over the duration of this thread. Dirtymike, I miss Crod too! I guess I'm getting too old for this!!!
          Speed goat; people not being forth coming with information they have gained through sweat equity is just so unfair.
          Last edited by Wudstix; 11-11-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Good lord, power trips must be hard with the size of stump up that but!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
              And that is totally fine, have at it! Just pick up the trash please. This place is littered good grief! Might start bringing a trash bag with me lol. As far as newcomers and people wanting to enjoy the great outdoors and learn to hunt which is their right. I will be making sure they are led in the right direction. I want the sport to grow and for everyone to be able to experience what hunting is all about regardless if they want to be a Ranger or not. No offense.
              Dude, cool your jets. Theres plenty of helpful advice on here. I dont even hunt Granger and your irritating me. 90% of hunting public land is learning the land. If you make an honest attempt at getting out on the land, guys hunting it will generally be helpful. Maybe itd make you happier if we just start tagging all the wildlife with gps collars, shoot em with drones, lay em out front for people to pickup and say they hunted? Counts as long as they wore orange n camo right?

Comment

Speedgoat; AMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  If it wasnt for this fool.....

Miss you brother

Word has it he’ll be at GRXH this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

change ur name to cgRookie!!!!!hahaha and come talk **** with us in February at granger rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      change ur name to cgRookie!!!!!hahaha and come talk **** with us in February at granger rangers.
                      Apparently cgrookie went looking for hog tags and couldn't find any. I think he may have also gone on a hog/deer check to sore finger, now he has a sore butt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                        Apparently cgrookie went looking for hog tags and couldn't find any. I think he may have also gone on a hog/deer check to sore finger, now he has a sore butt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        That is what i was thinking too. However i think Navy has more than one pic here from sorefinger with a hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          That is what i was thinking too. However i think Navy has more than one pic here from sorefinger with a hog.
                          nope! DirtyMike, I have never killed a pig in sore finger! not ever, but everywhere else yes

Comment

Glad it's not me pushing everyone's buttons now!

Chief, I will fill your hog tube up this Sunday morning. Same one I hunted in January.

Comment

Again, there are no hogs in Granger, especially Sore Finger.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hogs tags didn't get me but I was lied to in person by a Ranger about Sore Finger and multiple times on this forum. It took me about a an hour to find "The Spot" or its general area using these forum. I was looking forward to finding the info on my own or from the locals only, that's whats fun for me. I have scouted every area except 2 and 3 and I have been out here for a whopping 2 months. If I find anything I share it freely on here which will continue. I have a physical disability from my time in service and was down for a week after this trek. Finding out this was all in the name of "hazing" infuriates me. I am not going to argue on here anymore just going to be sharing what I find.

Comment

Working...
                                X