Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Selected instead of Pending 2nd Draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Selected instead of Pending 2nd Draw?

Does anyone know why some hunts don't/won't do a second draw? I would have thought it was because all of the permits had been paid for so no second draw was necessary. But one of my hunts went straight to Not Selected right after they drew. No way anyone had time to pay for their permits already.

The person in charge of each hunt makes that decision for unsuccessful applicants. The options are pending 2nd draw, or not selected.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to have a second draw if everyone didn't pay. There's lots of theories.

Comment

I think they actually select a group of pending 2nd drawing. I have had several over the years go straight to "Not Selected"

Comment

If all the people in the first draw pay for their permits there is no second draw if I understand it correctly. When I drew the single permit at Yoakum Dunes a few years back a friend of mine said it went to not selected on his after I paid.
        Last edited by grizzman; 08-04-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          I think they actually select a group of pending 2nd drawing. I have had several over the years go straight to "Not Selected"
          Hmm that could be it. So is anyone Pending for the Management Alligator hunt? Mine is Not Selected.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
            Hmm that could be it. So is anyone Pending for the Management Alligator hunt? Mine is Not Selected.
            We got the same not selected.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              I've never figured it out but thats a good theory. I've had some that went staight to not selected while dad was listed as pending 2nd, obviously there is a group thats got no shot at the 2nd draw not sure how thats determined

Comment

Working...
              X