6.5x284

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
    I shoot the 140 VLDs out of my 264 win mag. To say they are nasty is an understatement.
    Definitely... I haven’t had to track an animal since I started using the VLD’s.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Is your die pushing the shoulder back? I had this happen with a .300 win mag. My sizing die even when screwed down all the way wasn't moving the shoulder back. I put the die in my lathe and took off about 20 thou. Now it works great.
      Not sure on that but I will check. Appreciate the info

Comment

Originally posted by Jakedasnke View Post
        I shoot a 140 vld .020” off with 55.1 grains of 4831sc yielding about 2890fps.
        May want to check those #'s.. that sounds like an awful lot of powder to only yield 2900fps and on the verge of being pretty over-pressured and dangerous...

If they're right your rifle is an anomaly for sure

Comment

Originally posted by BDKett View Post
          Definitely... I haven’t had to track an animal since I started using the VLD’s.
          The last time I shot my 6.5-284, VLD’s weren’t on the market yet.
          Guess I need to try them and see how they work out of my long range gun.

Comment

Thanks for the info folks ,
            Played with mine yesterday , Shot some 123gr over h414 and was pretty impressed . Now going to try 129 and 140 to see what groups I get .

Comment

Retumbo, lapua brass, federal primers, 140gr VLD. Dropped several animals out to long ways.

Comment

A friend of mine who owns a gun store built this caliber in his heavy long range P-dog gun. I think he's made green spray out to 600 yds with it. Danged gun weighs 25+ lbs even with fluted barrel. He called it his 6.5 catbird gun.

Comment

Originally posted by monster7 View Post
                  Thanks for the info folks ,
                  Played with mine yesterday , Shot some 123gr over h414 and was pretty impressed . Now going to try 129 and 140 to see what groups I get .
                  What kind of gun we talking.
                  I have a factory savage 110 storm in 6.5 284 norma I'm staring to work up loads.
                  Will be used for hunting mostly and hopefully out shooting my buddy at his place in Oklahoma.
                  I'm gonna start with lapua brass, 4831sc, winchester primers, and berger elite hunter 140 grain bullets.
                  Also have some 130 Sierra gamechanger bullets I may try

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                    What kind of gun we talking.
                    I have a factory savage 110 storm in 6.5 284 norma I'm staring to work up loads.
                    Will be used for hunting mostly and hopefully out shooting my buddy at his place in Oklahoma.
                    I'm gonna start with lapua brass, 4831sc, winchester primers, and berger elite hunter 140 grain bullets.
                    Also have some 130 Sierra gamechanger bullets I may try

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    If that elite hunter 140 shoots out of your rifle you will like it. It is the equivalent to the target hybrids which shoot out of almost any rifle when the load is worked up right.

Comment

Working...
                    X