Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

Got a flat tire on my truck. I can't get the spare tire down. It will come down just so far and that's it. Cable will come down a lot, so I looked in my owners book and shows there is a secondary latch. I've done everything it says to do to get it to release. I'm not on the side of the road but at my mom's. About ready to start cutting chit off
    Going to youtube to see if I can find a trick. Meanwhile, if anybody here has dealt with this same problem, what did you do?
    Missed a good morning hunt over this crap!!!

Where are you located? I'll swing by if you're close.

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
      Where are you located? I'll swing by if you're close.
      Right outside of Carthage.
      I found a couple of videos that show me what I need to do to get the tire down. Gonna go try it.

Comment

You can try going back up and then down again. Something mite be stuck in the crank.

Comment

My 06 Chevy did the same thing to me in June. I raised the spare back up and sprayed penetrating oil in the mechanism and the safety lock released.

Comment

Catch a ride (if you can) to pick up a plug kit and a little plug-in compressor.

Comment

Got it. Tire changed. What a sum beach!!!!
              I tried raising back up several times, sprayed lubricant up in the latch, and using the jack to push and release. YouTube saved the day.
              I got a little compressor, but tire was flat flat. Tire is wore out. Supposed to get new tires this week. Figured it would make it till then. Wrong!!!

Comment

Working...
              X