Hunting this front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Johnny it does look cold
    I had the biggest buck in 30 years on this lease at 20 yards for 20 min a little while ago. Big heavy 10. He stood and ate the hand corn facing my the entire time then slowly walked off. Hope he comes back, still early

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im hunting tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday for the first time this season. Mostly on doe patrol but you never know what is going to show up when the weather cools off this time of the year.

Comment

37 degrees and a steady drizzle here in north central Texas. I didn’t bring enough clothes or my buddy heater. Deer aren’t cooperating yet either.

Comment

Pulled in the lease gate about 1030 this morning, will be here until Thursday.

Comment

Good luck all you fellas hunting the next few days.
              Big’un didn’t come back but several other up and comers did. Can’t wait until morning

Comment

get em Kirby!

Comment

Big’un at 20 yards again but this fella is old and smart. Hung around
                  For 10 min and left. Just saw him fartin around with a doe at 75 yards. Hopefully she will come
                  To the hand corn at some point

Comment

I'm going to try and get in a blind this afternoon if the rain slows down, might have to walk in though since our Mule is currently out of commission.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Big’un at 20 yards again but this fella is old and smart. Hung around
                      For 10 min and left. Just saw him fartin around with a doe at 75 yards. Hopefully she will come
                      To the hand corn at some point
                      Thats tough.........he'll screw up at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                        I'm going to try and get in a blind this afternoon if the rain slows down, might have to walk in though since our Mule is currently out of commission.
                        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                          Thats tough.........he'll screw up at some point!
                          Hoping he screws up at some point but it sure is nice to have him so close. Also a big six that need to get shot. If he shows I’ll take him then keep waiting

Comment

Definitely slower activity than what I’ve been seeing. I’ve been seeing 20-25 deer on some sits. I’ve seen a doe/fawn pair and 3 solo bucks. One buck was limping unfortunately, all younger deer. They’re definitely picking up acorns in the woods now. Corn and food plots seem to be less interesting. Still in the stand but debating getting out for awhile to go setup a little scouting feeder I put together last night for a new area on the property in the big woods.

Comment

Stay after em Kirb......

Comment

[U[/U]
                                Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                Stay after em Kirb......
                                Just walked back to camp for a quick bite and water. Plan to be back in the stand by noon for the rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X