No announcement yet.

Feeder Modification (Crazy Idea!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A car horn going off is the last thing i want to hear in the woods. They do it for livestock because they feed them at different times, the deer know when your feeder is going off already.

Comment

I can hear other lease members feeders go off more than 1/2 mile away, deer can probably here it a lot further

Comment

Put a wiper motor on it so it will wave a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Put a wiper motor on it so it will wave a flag.
          Genius

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            I love watching the feeder go off with the deer there. They jump out of their skin and run for their lives for about 20 yards, then stop and run back and go to eating.
            Seems I always have a deer every year at one location that just stands there getting rained on looking around at the others wondering why they are scared of food.

Comment

We used a square foot of tin and the corn would ting on it as it throws...

Comment

Sheep and goats are among the dumbest critters on the planet. Some deer aren't real bright either, but they know where the corn is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Same here, works good.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    This I call cows with my truck horn.

Comment

Alert every meth addict in Newton county to the location of my setup? No thankyou.

Comment

I’ve got two that camp out by it. When it goes off I’ve seen em sprint the 197 yards to the feeder.

Comment

Sounds like something that would be fun to do to a buddy's feeder without telling him.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            I can hear other lease members feeders go off more than 1/2 mile away, deer can probably here it a lot further
                            On a crisp still morning, we can hear feeders from a ways off.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Sounds like something that would be fun to do to a buddy's feeder without telling him.
                              I like the way you think!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                It might work but I already about jump out of my skin when napping and the feeder spins. An air horn going off might give me a heart attack!
                                Man I'm with you [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X