Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
    Update- my faith in humanity has been restored, the hunt is over , they returned at 10:00 am unsuccessful, the guide apologized and offered my deposit back for not getting it done and I told him no need to apologize as it’s hunting and not a zoo , if it had been a meat hunt it would have been over the first hunt but we were looking for a certain class of deer and nothing less, I shook his hand and gave him $200.00 more dollars, to me this was for him offering my deposit back ! The hunt continues for a 150+ class deer for my son .
    That's very rare to offer the deposit back. Wonder if he's on TBH?
    I mean that's offering to work for free the entire weekend.

Meant to ask earlier - You started off hunting also(If I read right) Did you have a guide also?

Comment

Glad it ended this way for you, sounds reasonable.

Comment

The ending saved the trip, even though no deer was taken.
        You probably bought yourself some good karma, going forward.

Comment

Glad to here they did the right thing with your deposit. Hopefully, this doesn't discourage you from using a ranch just because of a "young guide". I guided for THE Schreiner family in Rocksprings for a few years back in my twenties. We put in hours of sit time prior to customers coming and still have 4-5 full notebooks of notes to prove it. I guided hunts from 14+ species of animals (2 of which are still top 5 in the world). Laziness knows no age and I would have put up any of the 3 guys I worked with against anyone for their abilities to provide service no matter if shots were fired or not.

Good Luck and hope you find a place to get him a wall hanger!

Comment

Between no deer and him being lazy , I wouldn't give him another dime! Your cooking and cleaning for yourselves and him??Who is guiding who?? Sounds like he should be paying you!

Comment

good deal

Comment

That's a solid outcome

Comment

You handled it better than I would have. No effort on their part, no deer even "available" in the size booked, sleeping in late, not hunting more during the day with the rut in full swing right now. I'd have left it at the $500 deposit and walked. No tip, no nothing.

Comment

You better than me, sounds like they knew they didn't have any qualifying deer so were just there to collect the deposit. If a 150+ was out there, I'm sure he would have worked hard to get the rest of your money (or at least his dad would make him do so). Hate it happened, hope you find one soon.

Comment

He must of been reading this thread this morning

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
                        Update- my faith in humanity has been restored, the hunt is over , they returned at 10:00 am unsuccessful, the guide apologized and offered my deposit back for not getting it done and I told him no need to apologize as it’s hunting and not a zoo , if it had been a meat hunt it would have been over the first hunt but we were looking for a certain class of deer and nothing less, I shook his hand and gave him $200.00 more dollars, to me this was for him offering my deposit back ! The hunt continues for a 150+ class deer for my son .

I too would have told him to keep the $500 after he apologized. It sure I would have added $200 more, but absolutely fine if you feel he deserved it.

Someone must have tipped him off about this thread. You just don’t hear of deposits being returned.

Hopefully you can find a more legit place and go again.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          I wouldn't go that far. He had an entire weekend of hunting (him and his son) that included lodging. Just a BnB anywhere would cost around $500 for a weekend.

Were you satisfied with the blind set ups, deer feeders, lodging, and uber rides to blinds? Were you happy with guide at the start and unhappy once you didn't see enough game?

Spoken like someone who sells hunts.

Have you been paying attention?

He didn’t book a weekend of relaxation at a B&B. He booked a hunt to kill a 150” class deer that apparently doesn’t exist on that place right now.

The lodging had dirty dishes and trash in it when they arrived. The OP had to clean it! The guide slept when he should have been working.

Even still I would have told him to keep the deposit for his time.
                          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-21-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            You didn’t hurt my feeling. You spout off your grumpy old man BS as usual. Go yell at some clouds grandpa and STFU lol

Lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              He must of been reading this thread this morning

Who’s the guide??? we know you’re here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad it all worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X