Scope Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope Help

I'm getting a 6.5 PRC built and am looking for scope recommendations. This won't be my long range shooter, just an all around gun I will mostly use for whitetail and exotics 150-300 yards. I have looked at NV, Swaro, Vortex and can't make up my mind. What scope would you choose?

If you arent messing with to much long range and turret stuff then the Zwaro z3 or z5 are awesome choices. You can look at getting the model with the elevation dial so if you ever decide to reach out alittle further you have that option.
    Swaro will lead the way in weight and clarity.

The leupold vx5 or vx6 would be on my short list as well.

Nightforce SHV is meh.

Comment

I’m in the same boat. Having a 6.5 prc built by APR. Probably won’t take any long shots hunting, but I have access to a 1000yd range. So I’ll be playing on that quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would look at the Meopta r1

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          If you arent messing with to much long range and turret stuff then the Zwaro z3 or z5 are awesome choices. You can look at getting the model with the elevation dial so if you ever decide to reach out alittle further you have that option.
          Swaro will lead the way in weight and clarity.

The leupold vx5 or vx6 would be on my short list as well.

Nightforce SHV is meh.
          I’m definitely leaning towards swaro since that’s what I have on two others now, but have heard good things about the leupold vx5/6 and wasn’t sure about those. I’ve never owned a NF, but have got mixed reviews on those

Comment

I’ve got an APR in 6.5 PRC. I put a Zeiss HD 5 on it with Warne low rings. Love it!

Comment

Sticking in the price range everyone is talking about, the 3 scopes I would be looking hardest at would be:

Leupold VX5 3-15x44
              Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44
              Swarovski Z3 4-12x50

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                I would look at the Meopta r1
                This. Meopta makes high end optics at much more reasonable prices. But some people still buy Yeti coolers.

Comment

Anybody have a Nightforce nxs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really like my Tasco. Same glass as a Swarovski, built like a tank and a lot less money.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                      Sticking in the price range everyone is talking about, the 3 scopes I would be looking hardest at would be:

Leupold VX5 3-15x44
                      Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44
                      Swarovski Z3 4-12x50
                      Solid advice right here....

Comment

Working...
                      X