• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call to end active shooter drills in schools

To a liberal it's best to live unprepared

Help is just minutes away

Comment

I'm kind of torn on this.

On one hand, I think being prepared is always good.

On the other
      From my understanding, most active shooter drills basically just instruct you to hunker down and wait to die. With the unlikely hood of it actually happening, I don't really see the need to introduce that into the environment.

Until they get serious about real solutions (letting teachers carry or whatever you think it may be) is there really a point?

Comment

Clay C. it kind'a reminds me of the days we used to have Nuclear attack drills in school!! get under your desk and put your head down!!! I guess if an attack really did happen, if you were quick since you were already hunkered down you could kiss your own *** good by...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Clay C. it kind'a reminds me of the days we used to have Nuclear attack drills in school!! get under your desk and put your head down!!! I guess if an attack really did happen, if you were quick since you were already hunkered down you could kiss your own *** good by...
          Those, like our current shooter drills were/are conditioning, social engineering... they instill fear and dread of the catastrophe itself. The intended result is to cause the participants (parents in this case) to be so afraid that they would allow those in power to do "whatever it takes" to prevent them, "YES we need more nukes than the Russians!!" or YES we need to make all the evil guns disappear!!!"

"PLEASE SAVE US"

Comment

If parents were allowed to beat the kids azzes there wouldn't be near as much trouble in schools. Discipline begins at home and if you misbehave at school you get more of it when you get home with a teacher's note. In my day it was followed up with a phone call from teacher to parents. God help yo butt if you tried to hide the note. So much wrong with the world today.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              If parents were allowed to beat the kids azzes there wouldn't be near as much trouble in schools. Discipline begins at home and if you misbehave at school you get more of it when you get home with a teacher's note. In my day it was followed up with a phone call from teacher to parents. God help yo butt if you tried to hide the note. So much wrong with the world today.

Yep, that only happened once to me... and ONCE was quite enough!! It was third grade and I knew enough by then to know I'd better straighten my cocky little *** out or I was in for a miserable time... I thank God EVERY DAY for how I was raised!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                I'm kind of torn on this.

On one hand, I think being prepared is always good.

On the other
                From my understanding, most active shooter drills basically just instruct you to hunker down and wait to die. With the unlikely hood of it actually happening, I don't really see the need to introduce that into the environment.

Until they get serious about real solutions (letting teachers carry or whatever you think it may be) is there really a point?
                Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                Those, like our current shooter drills were/are conditioning, social engineering... they instill fear and dread of the catastrophe itself. The intended result is to cause the participants (parents in this case) to be so afraid that they would allow those in power to do "whatever it takes" to prevent them, "YES we need more nukes than the Russians!!" or YES we need to make all the evil guns disappear!!!"

"PLEASE SAVE US"
                This is how I feel. Much better places to spend time/money than on things that are unlikely to happen. At least use the energy on the 1,000 other things that harm kids far more than shootings.

Why scare every kid when 1. It will only affect 1 in a million and 2. If/when it did happen the kids would very likely panic anyhow and the "training" do zero good.

Yep, that only happened once to me... and ONCE was quite enough!! It was third grade and I knew enough by then to know I'd better straighten my cocky little *** out or I was in for a miserable time... I thank God EVERY DAY for how I was raised!
                My son got a good beating/spanking one or two times. He straightened right up!

Comment

In my day it was followed up with a phone call from teacher to parents.
                  Back in my day, all the teachers had a wooded paddle. And they knew how to USE IT!!!!
                  Back then, not to many kids got out of hand. Teachers could actually teach.

Comment

Back in my day, we received our "licks" in the Principals office. He had a wooden paddle with holes drilled in it. SOB, would call us to receive our "licks" while we were in PE. Y'all remember the PE shorts we wore. **** things were thin polyester. Every time you sat down for a few days you were reminded of your "licks".

Comment

True story. My 5 yr old daughter has been giving my wife a lot of attitude. Last night I was Mr Mom and is had enough of her attitude. I made her leave the dinner table and go to my room. She asked if she was getting a spanking, I said no “you’re getting a whoopin”! She got 3 solid seats from a 2” wide paddle made out of a shaved down 1x2. Later at bath I asked her if she knew why she got a whoopin. She said yes because of my bad attitude. I said yes and we have tried time out, taking away privileges and spanking. She said “yeah but whooping work, because it made me change my attitude!” I said yes it did. She was an angel the rest of the evening and this morning

Comment

Was it in the hopes that the immense heat and shock wave would go above you if you were hunkered down?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          True story. My 5 yr old daughter has been giving my wife a lot of attitude. Last night I was Mr Mom and is had enough of her attitude. I made her leave the dinner table and go to my room. She asked if she was getting a spanking, I said no “you’re getting a whoopin”! She got 3 solid seats from a 2” wide paddle made out of a shaved down 1x2. Later at bath I asked her if she knew why she got a whoopin. She said yes because of my bad attitude. I said yes and we have tried time out, taking away privileges and spanking. She said “yeah but whooping work, because it made me change my attitude!” I said yes it did. She was an angel the rest of the evening and this morning

I see so many ******* kids with my sons sports, and wife being a teacher/coach, who I just KNOW could be squared right away if their parents just weren’t to big a cowards to administer a proper attitude adjustment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was a child, avoiding quick sand and catching on fire we’re going to be a big part of making it to adulthood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I see so many ******* kids with my sons sports, and wife being a teacher/coach, who I just KNOW could be squared right away if their parents just weren’t to big a cowards to administer a proper attitude adjustment!

No doubt Dale. But there has to be a balance. When the paint stick or paddle comes out it’s because I’ve had my fill and exhausted all other consequences. I embrace my kids afterwards and then leave them alone until they stop crying. After they have calmed down, we discuss it to make sure they understand why they got swats.

I will say a peeve of mine is that my wife uses me as a threat to my kids. She will spank them, but frankly it’s not much more than a token swat. She calls me for the real deal. Makes me feel like the bad cop

Comment

Working...
                              X