Rayburn Country closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rayburn Country closing

Rayburn country, a resort area on Lake Sam Rayburn that featured swimming pools, golf, restaurants, tennis courts, beach areas that’s been around since at least the 1970s closed for good on Jan 31.

Now I noticed the vacant lots are now being auctioned off with a starting bid of only $100. May be a good opportunity for someone to snag some lake area property.

Link to auction?

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Link to auction?

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.
      I’m trying to find it again. Lol
      I was searching for other properties and stumbled upon it, now having trouble relocating it!

Comment

There goes the neighborhood unless their home owners association can keep their restrictions enforced on housing. That being said I am referring to someone moving a camper for permanent residence next to a nice home. It would severely hurt the homeowners investment.
        Last edited by tps7742; 02-09-2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          There goes the neighborhood unless their home owners association can keep their restrictions enforced on housing.
          Man that ain't no kidding... Selling land dirt cheap is the quickest way to turn the area into a chit hole!!! A slum.. Ive seen it a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            There goes the neighborhood unless their home owners association can keep their restrictions enforced on housing. That being said I am referring to someone moving a camper for permanent residence next to a nice home. It would severely hurt the homeowners investment.
            I sure wouldn't mind having a $100 lot to park my fish camp on! I don't need a golf course or fancy dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              I sure wouldn't mind having a $100 lot to park my fish camp on! I don't need a golf course or fancy dinner.
              Man for a 100 dollar lot I sure could dump alot of tires and trash out and save myself money from going to the dump

Comment

For $100, the surrounding landowners could snatch up vacant lots to avoid your 'tragedy' scenario

Comment

I am going to buy 5 or 6 lots and expand my dog/rooster fighting enterprise.

Comment

Land watch.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      For $100, the surrounding landowners could snatch up vacant lots to avoid your 'tragedy' scenario
                      That was my first thought for sure. Then I said, "I could put a 1999 era double wide on that!" LOL!!!

Comment

Think I'll buy a couple of lots, and open a trailer park.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          Land watch.com
                          Any of that on the water????

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            Land watch.com
                            .22 Acres??
                            Now, that's funny right there.

Comment

My appreciation is the folks who were leasing it let the contract expire and didn't renew. I wouldn't say it's closed for good but I've been wrong once before....

Comment

Working...
                              X