Bad day for Nubbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad day for Nubbins

Headed out to check traps this morning and a handful of houses down my road I see Nubs hanging from a pretty darn tall fence. At first was going to try to lift him off and fend off any slinging hooves but realized he was not going to survive. .22 to the head and had to cut him down, hauled him to my hog area to dispose of him. Called Warden to let him know my plans, he said don't eat him, meat could be tainted.
    Attached Files

That’s a tough way to go out. Fences like that get a bunch of them.

Comment

Oh man that sucks

Comment

Yeah, that’s tough. I wouldn’t wish that on a coyote. Good for him you came along.

Comment

Bad day for him. I freed a doe one time tangled in barb wire. When she was free she ran about 20yds turned and looked back, almost like thanks. Her leg hair was never the same again, the hair grew back white. A patch about 6-8inches wide. For the next 2yrs like clock work would hang out by my feeder. She always got a pass. Year 3 neighbor across the road shot her. He called and said come look at this doe. Her hair is odd on the back right leg. I told him the story above, and he said I’ll bring you sausage from her. Lol.

Comment

Good for you on taking care of the business at hand.

Comment

That bites. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't.
              I have found deer strung up in the top wire on my fence line. Always find them too late.
              Rough way to go.

Comment

Dang that sucks!

How would the meat be tainted?

Comment

Bummer. I'm curious about the meat being tainted as well

Comment

Dang.

Comment

I always hate to see deer caught up in fences. Has to be a horrible way to go, especially if the coyotes find them first.

Comment

How could the meat be tainted? Lead based paint? :-)

Comment

No. The warden said if he was hanging there all night they get a fever from stress and can ruin the meat. Maybe just not wanting to deal with it...he was headed to a school to do some presentation.

Comment

Rough way to go!

Comment

When they are in a stressed situation adrenalin soaks their blood system and ruins the meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X