Honing Mil-spec AR trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honing Mil-spec AR trigger

I have built a couple of ARs and put a honed and polished trigger in the one I shoot. The one in my son’s gun is just a standard mil-spec trigger, which as we all know, is pretty much crap.
    He isn’t really wanting to spend a ton of money on a really nice trigger but we would like to work the trigger over to get it to break a little cleaner. Any tips on how to polish the trigger without causing it to be dangerous? I have heard if too much material is removed from certain areas it can cause some problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to joe bobs and order

1. Yellow spring kit
    2 . Over travel grip screw (replaces grip screw with an Allen inside an Allen to take up the slope.

Polish and done for about $35 and it’s 10000x better than factory

Comment

I agree the mil spec triggers stink, I have one now that I've considered working over. I have noticed that it's getting somewhat better the more I shoot it. I'm just not into replacing parts unless totally necessary.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Or spend 60-70$ on an ALG defense ACT trigger. Better than “mil-spec” but not an expensive trigger. Saves you from potentially ruining the trigger by over polishing.

I think you might be able to get a LaRue MBT for about 85$ still and that’s also a good option.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          Or spend 60-70$ on an ALG defense ACT trigger. Better than “mil-spec” but not an expensive trigger. Saves you from potentially ruining the trigger by over polishing.

I think you might be able to get a LaRue MBT for about 85$ still and that’s also a good option.

Sierracharlie out…
          And palmetto has their “enhanced” trigger for $65 or $70. I haven’t used one but it would be hard to go wrong at that price.

Comment

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger by Larue - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Just drop this in.

Comment

Just today my son put a JP spring set on a milspec trigger. A noticeable difference but nowhere near what you can get with a LaRue MBT2.

Comment

Just spend $85 on a Larue MBT. I firmly believe it's the best trigger you can get under $200.

Comment

You can stone the trigger and sear very lightly, just enough to get the burrs off. You have to be careful because the surface is hardened, just doing that will make it smoother and lighter. Mine is probably 3 pounds but going any lighter you run the risk of double and triple taps if you shoot it off a bench.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Or spend 60-70$ on an ALG defense ACT trigger. Better than “mil-spec” but not an expensive trigger. …
                    I’m going to try this with a JP spring. I understand that if you get on their mailing list ALG runs sales periodically on these triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      I’m going to try this with a JP spring. I understand that if you get on their mailing list ALG runs sales periodically on these triggers.

Yes they do almost every “holiday”

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                      X