Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who really believes in pouring vanilla on corn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who really believes in pouring vanilla on corn???

I know some love it and some hate it. But, who really believes it works? You have poured it on feeder corn or hand corn in a spot where you didn't have deer activity and after you put vanilla on the corn, it actually pulled deer in and you killed a mature buck on it?

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
    I know some love it and some hate it. But, who really believes it works? You have poured it on feeder corn or hand corn in a spot where you didn't have deer activity and after you put vanilla on the corn, it actually pulled deer in and you killed a mature buck on it?
    I believe in it as much as using pea gravel in a feeder or humping a dog until it pees.

Comment

It's a cover scent. It's all so a way to get deer to associate the vanilla scent with the food source.
      They learned associate that sent with food and not danger.
      I'm sure the vanilla scent carries a lot further on the wind then just plain corn dust.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Way back when I over-thought deer hunting I tried that along with every other magical secret. In the end I ended up right back where I started...corn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          It's a cover scent. It's all so a way to get deer to associate the vanilla scent with the food source.
          They learned associate that sent with food and not danger.
          I'm sure the vanilla scent carries a lot further on the wind then just plain corn dust.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          ^^^This^^^

Comment

Do you eat plain corn? 0r do you add salt pepper and butter on it?

Comment

Just like adding vanilla to cake mixes ITS JUST AN ENHANCER . And I use it often but I mix rice bran with it make bran stick to hand corn .

Comment

Hand corn with vanilla and it has worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have tried corn with and without Vanilla, I usually see more deer eating Vanilla corn.

That being said, I use vanilla on several things. Corn scrapes, shoes.

Comment

you can't go wrong with vanilla and pea gravel.

Comment

The only the I saw more of when I tried it was BEES!!
                      Not saying it doesnt work for deer, but I am saying it dang sure works for atracting bees.

Comment

Deer will eat it on corn. They also eat corn without it.

Comment

there is a vanilla scented corn I like to use. Does it make a difference? I don't know. I hunt the Hill Country so we have large deer numbers

Comment

Vanilla pudding not liquid

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
                              Do you eat plain corn? 0r do you add salt pepper and butter on it?

I’m most likely in the minority but I eat plain corn.
                              I also don’t eat acorns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X