F250 Cab mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobyh View Post
    Did them on my 08 F250 a little over a year ago. Local dealer quoted me right at almost 2k, that was with the $800 in mounts. I bought the factory mounts from Ford online for 400-450 I think. I had read some of the aftermarket ones can make noise and make it ride rough. No impact, if they act like they won’t come loose, heat the head of the bolt good. If you get the bolts out, and can’t get the metal piece that holds the bushing on, a air chisel will help. I had 2 that the air chisel wouldn’t get, and had to use a sawzaw.
    I first tried the daystar and it made my truck ride like crap and chatter in the front end when I went over bumps. so I then had to switch back to stock. Did it both times myself.
    Parts were in the $450 range off ebay.

Slow and steady wins the race on this job.

They do wear out too fast.
    Cushy ride comes at a price.

Comment

How do you know if they are bad?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        How do you know if they are bad?
        You would know if they were. The entire truck squeaks. It's very noticeable when they go. Around 90k miles, my truck started to sound like an old feed truck with 200k. I didn't notice the ride as much as the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
          Do you remember how much it was to have it done?

I had them done at a shop local here near Taylor I can PM you the info if needed but I think the cost was 6-700. The cost all depends on how easy the bolts come out. I was going to do it myself but for the hassle a few hundred bucks was totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
            You would know if they were. The entire truck squeaks. It's very noticeable when they go. Around 90k miles, my truck started to sound like an old feed truck with 200k. I didn't notice the ride as much as the noise.
            Mine creaks pretty good when the suspension gets articulated, but it mostly comes from the door jams/sills. Is it more than this? I just assume this was old age.

Comment

Mine creaks pretty good when the suspension gets articulated, but it mostly comes from the door jams/sills. Is it more than this? I just assume this was old age.
              Mine was real noticeable on a backroad. The entire truck made a noise. Doors being one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                Mine was real noticeable on a backroad. The entire truck made a noise. Doors being one of them.
                Good info. Going to pay more attention next time. Thanks!

Comment

Sure man! All of my buddies seemed to go about the same time too. Around 100k

Comment

If you ask the Ford mechanic this is how they do it. I followed this and used an impact had no problems. If you have a problem with the front under the radiator you will have to pull the head light and you can slip an open end wrench in to hold the nut plate. Good luck.

If you know the cab mount bolts have never been removed, plan on hitting the nuts with a torch to heat them up. An acetylene torch on the front cab mount nuts but switches to a handheld butane torch for the remaining nuts, accessed inside the cab under the rear carpet. Be careful here, as too much heat can distort or damage the body mount.

The cab mount bolts can be so stubborn to remove. At the factory, the threads are bathed in Loctite. We’ll also note that the cab mount bolts utilized in the middle of the cab are shorter than the others.

Once the nuts have been treated to a round of heat (via torch), the cab mount bolts can typically be zipped right out with an impact. The bolts call for a 15mm socket.

Comment

You could lay down, scooch under the cab, and look at them. Takes about 3 minutes.

If the bushings are crumbling, they bad.

Comment

Some of mine were completely gone.. Most, like this one, just crumbled...
                        Attached Files
                        Lesto!!

Comment

I’ve had to have cab mount bushings redone on both my 2011 trucks (F250 and F350).

Comment

For those of you who have had them replaced in Houston, where did you have the work done? Unfortunately I just don't have the time or patience to mess with them.

My mechanic won't get back to me, the dealership won't get back to me, so I was thinking of checking some 4wd shops.

Comment

What brand of bushings are y'all using to replace the stock ones? Any brands to stay away from?

Comment

I’ve heard good things about the s&b mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X