No announcement yet.

How safe is Brownsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s safe. You have nothing to worry about. People won’t mess with you. You want Togo shoot hogs hit me up. I got kayaks if you want to do some fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Pay is real good or I would work 6 hrs from home.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
      When I say MUCH MORE, I mean like a 400-500% increase.

The area is THAT bad. Not security issue bad, it is definitely a different way of life. Expedited means they might get to it in a couple days, if it isn’t too much of a hassle.

Comment

My MIL worked down there years ago. Her only complaint was the gentleman in the area were less than polite with their compliments.

Just don't wear your pants too tight and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          My MIL worked down there years ago. Her only complaint was the gentleman in the area were less than polite with their compliments.

Just don't wear your pants too tight and you should be fine.
          Pics of your MIL needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Pics of your MIL needed.
            25 years ago maybe. Now, not so much

Comment

I live in the neighboring city, in San Benito. There’s some ghetto parts in Brownsville but it’s like any other town. You’ll be fine I never had issues or worry when I go. If you have any questions PM me.

Comment

RGV is what it is

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                I live in the neighboring city, in San Benito. There’s some ghetto parts in Brownsville but it’s like any other town. You’ll be fine I never had issues or worry when I go. If you have any questions PM me.
                This is a good suggestion nice place to live

The rgv has lots of ups and downs
                Con’s
                1. Can be blast furnace hot and windy in the summer
                2. Political stuff ( local , international)
                3. Public bathroom ( some people don’t flush TP and throw it on the floor)

Pro’s
                1. Good people lots if cool people and party’s
                2. Great fishing and hunting
                3. Nice winters
                4. Hot women ( if you’re single, got some change in your pocket, and know the hot & crazy zones)
                5. The beer is still cold @ the end of the day

No matter were you go in the world it’s only one step from the limousine to the gutter IMO there are much much worse places to live and make a good life

Best of luck in your endeavors

Comment

How white are you? That's a big determining factor as how you will be treated in Brownsville.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    How white are you? That's a big determining factor as how you will be treated in Brownsville.
                    That’s every where, racial biases very in every town America

Comment

Man, I am full blown block headed German and get treated as well as the next guy all over the valley.

Comment

it is horrible, it has turned into a ghost town, everyone is leaving go someplace safe like Houston, there is no crime there

Comment

I used to work down there and had a bayfront condo on the island. My office was in Weslaco but Brownseville is only about 30 minutes from the island.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not worried about my personal safety. I can take care of my self.
                            Concerned about truck being stolen or broken into.

Comment

Theft was a major issue in Weslaco/Donna/Alamo. We had a box trailer stolen that had a hitch lock and it was chained to an immobile school bus.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t own one

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                                Not worried about my personal safety. I can take care of my self.
                                Concerned about truck being stolen or broken into.

Only way to prevent your truck from being stolen or burglarized
                                Anywhere is don’t own one
                                1. East Texas has meth heads
                                2. Heroine & pill junkies are covering the entire nation
                                3. Poor people live in every corner of the country

The rgv has the same criminal statistics

Comment

Working...
                                X