No announcement yet.

Question for suppressor gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of things in play here. First off, supersonic is supersonic. not much can be done there. Want quieter, go subsonic.

For quietest possible super sonic round, keys are longer barrels and large volume suppressor. A suppressor is dispersing expanding gases from burning powder. On a short barrel, you could still have burning powder entering the suppressor. If all powder is burned I’m barrel and then escaping gases are dispersed into a large suppressor, shot will be much quieter. Short barrels and smaller suppressors dispersing gases and burning powder will be louder. Love my 8” 300BO suppressed but it’s not quite hearing safe. Same suppressor on 16” 300BO is much quieter with supersonic rounds. Longer barrels with big suppressors is way to go for quiet. My same suppressor on 28” barrel...shot can’t be heard at 600yds. Just the bullet crack. I say that from being in pit scoring targets for F class matches. You can tell who’s shooting suppressed vs not. You hear a crack over your head that sounds like a 22mag, then a boom from muzzle blast. All you hear is crack of bullet with a suppressed rifle. My Short 300BO can be heard a long way off even suppressed.

Comment

Working...
    X