The 2021 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    #2 concept would be offered in 223, 300BO, 6CM, 6.5CM, 7-08 & 308 and maybe 6.5PRC. I'm working with a suppressor company right now to offer a turn-key package for this deal........should we decide to go this route.

I love you Robert hahaha

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I’ve held a sub 4.5” group at 1302 with my 6.5 SAUM and was absolutely amazed by it. I can’t imagine holding that kind of group at 1800 knowing how much more difficult a mile is. I’ve only shot past a mile 9-10 times, and it’s humbling after shooting so well from 1000-1500 that I shoot more often.
      Agreed! The difficulty level is not linear, that's for sure. Haha. My personal nemesis seems to be around the 2,800 yd mark. I've made hits further, but consistency seems to go out the window right in that neighborhood for me........every single time.

Comment

#2 with a VERY light, funky camo folding chassis

The Cross apparently is having troubles with the folding feature on their stock but the size is perfect, forend is perfect for a short section of pic rail for bipod.

Robert if you do the turn key with suppressor can we have the rifle when its done cuz it takes forever to get a can now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
          #2 with a VERY light, funky camo folding chassis

The Cross apparently is having troubles with the folding feature on their stock but the size is perfect, forend is perfect for a short section of pic rail for bipod.

Robert if you do the turn key with suppressor can we have the rifle when its done cuz it takes forever to get a can now.
          Of course. The time on the can would depend on which form you submitted under. There is the chance you could take delivery of the can before the rifle depending on which way you go.

Comment

Of course. The time on the can would depend on which form you submitted under. There is the chance you could take delivery of the can before the rifle depending on which way you go.

This is intriguing.

And this lite weight folding deal is starting to peak an interest, especially in PRC

Comment

I'd be interested in #2

Comment

I would love a lightweight mountain hunting rifle chambered in 300 short mag or similar. With a short barrel to run suppressed

Comment

Idea 1:
                  Suppressed SBR
                  Folding stock
                  DBM
                  Possible switch lug

Something like this:

Idea 2:
                  Manners CS stock or similar with adjustable LOP
                  Carbon barrel at 16-18”
                  Either BDL or DBM

Like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Robert I'm leaning toward #2 in .223.

Comment

It may not be for everyone, and I get that for sure. I've got 2 customers, one with a 300 Norma, and one with a 30-28 Nos that have both sent me 1,800 yd groups that were sub 5" in the past week. Ridiculous, and beyond my skillset without a doubt! I know that it is a very "niche" pursuit, and even impractical for most intents and purposes - but for whatever reasons - some of us find it addictive and worthy of our efforts. As a hunter, I grab a bow 99% of the time(hence the sponsorship of a bowhunting site), as a competitor, I'm all about pushing the edge of what is possible with modern equipment.......which lives at about the 2 mile mark at the moment

Relevant video based on the Lapua discussion and distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

#2 without the folding chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post

This

Comment

The Christensen Chassis would be great but the are $1,000. They are VERY light (3.5#)compared to the Cadex (5.5#).

Comment

I’d be very interested in #3!

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post

This

Comment

Working...
                                X