Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
    just watched it...

whats up with the only one stand / blind.

I was going to bring two tripods.
    You "were" going to, you mean, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
      just watched it...

whats up with the only one stand / blind.

I was going to bring two tripods.
      So people aren’t claiming areas they are not currently hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
        So people aren’t claiming areas they are not currently hunting.
        Agreed. Either way. Tripods I make including chair is 20 lbs. So no big deal if I move. Also have a mirror blind, we will get it done!

Comment

Curious if anyone knows anyone around there we can zero in our bows? Sucks we can't do that on the property, we are traveling pretty far, like to zero in if I can.

Comment

Anyone received the email yet? Scouting on Thursday, hunting begins on Friday.

Comment

no email but there is stuff posted on their website.

Comment

From post here, I was made aware of the info on their website. Pretty sad when they don't send out emails to the folks selected to be directed to their website. Not a fan of their communication protocol.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  From post here, I was made aware of the info on their website. Pretty sad when they don't send out emails to the folks selected to be directed to their website. Not a fan of their communication protocol.
                  New hunt coordinator does not have it together. I emailed weeks ago(Sept 30) in regards to orientation plan.
                  Response: "We are working on a virtual plan as I type this email. I will provide info as soon as I complete the project."(Sept 30)

I followed up with another email(Nov 2)

Reply:"I found your permit, you will be sent an email the week of your hunt with the orientation and other information."(Nov 2)

So I apparently have to wait for an email on the week of my hunt date to be able to plan my business.

I digress. I already planned my business way ahead of that. House booked. Regardless of their meaningless orientation that simply reads the rules/regulations aloud.

Most hunters travel long distances to attend this hunt due to its distant location to the majority of applicants. Providing a notice the week of a hunt date is poor planning and execution in my opinion. I see their reasoning in seperate emails for each hunt date, in an effort to potentially observe an ocelot.

Nonetheless, I am very grateful and happy to return.

My next post: Big Bull Down! Who believes in me!?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

I’m also aware of the info and video on their website. In the video it says hunters are required to check out at the end of each day at the check station. Is that new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was there in 2018 and we did not have to check out...however, I hunted in unit 1 and the local/feds checked the parking lot and if someone was still parked after hours they were reported and got a call. Me included. They were nice, but were checking up on us.

How we are supposed to check out is unknown to me. I am lucky to get any kind of cell service down there. Kinda of a CLUSTER if you ask me.

Comment

I hunt this weekend and received the email yesterday. It also has the part they usually sign during onsite orientation virtually signed. Has a link to the video and the link for the game check in as well.

Comment

For the game check in... did you have to contact someone or just put the meat in the cooler?

Did your email address check out each night? how is that done?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
                            I hunt this weekend and received the email yesterday. It also has the part they usually sign during onsite orientation virtually signed. Has a link to the video and the link for the game check in as well.

Wow, interesting. Did it also have the parking form you’re supposed to display on your dash?

Comment

Yes it had the parking form. The hunter check station will be off limits, but the cooler is open and the skinning rack is open and they ask us to please social distance. There will be QR code’s posted at the gates that will link you to game check in. The animals can be taken out as long as all hides are left in the field. If you wish to take the hides other arrangements need to be made to have the hide checked. Fever tick area. TAHC will be involved with that.

Comment

I Hope they will create some type of a “digital” board posted with the daily game harvests on each hunt day. I enjoy seeing that chalk board each evening but I don’t suppose they will do it that way this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X