Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Some people have plenty. The gun-range near my house is non stop shooting from about 10am until dark seven days a week.
    Sounds like my neighbors sons.
    Anytime between 12am, and 11:59 pm, is an excellent time to do mag dumps, and everything in between lol.
    Sounds much better than sirens, horns, and other city noises.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Sounds like my neighbors sons.
      Anytime between 12am, and 11:59 pm, is an excellent time to do mag dumps, and everything in between lol.
      Sounds much better than sirens, horns, and other city noises.
      I'd drink to that (if i drank). Can't wait to vamanose!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        I think our government is keeping them from producing. That would make a whole lot more sense.
        Tomorrow, when you pour your coffee, skip the bullsh1t you normally pour into it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg"]A Message From President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Blah blah blah...

Name one product where demand stays this high and no one expands to meet demand. You can't. Why is that?

It's not some Q conspiracy I'm talking about. I just think whatever it takes to start an ammo company is too much (taxes, permits, fees, regulations etc). No way it's as simple as it costs too much to expand. That excuse may have worked for a little while but not forever. By that logic we will NEVER have more ammo being produced so demand will only go up. Think about it.

If you disagree then tell me how much demand it takes before they expand production.

Certainly you can agree if they never expand as the population grows there will be even less ammo available.
          Last edited by RiverRat1; 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
            Rifles get quite a bit more reach than a shotgun so not seeing what you’re saying, 2 very different uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s easy.... When you run out of the other stuff, a shotgun is better than your finger..

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Nobody has ever gouged me out of a penny. I'm the one that wanted what they had and willingly handed over the money. That's on me not them.
              Not gouging if you have a willing buyer and a willing seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Some people have plenty. The gun-range near my house is non stop shooting from about 10am until dark seven days a week.

Htown and I were just discussing this today. It seems with ammo being hard to come by and some selling at premium prices, the gun ranges wouldn’t be too busy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                  Htown and I were just discussing this today. It seems with ammo being hard to come by and some selling at premium prices, the gun ranges wouldn’t be too busy right now.

Part of this ammo rush is millions of brand new 1st time gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Part of this ammo rush is millions of brand new 1st time gun owners.

I didn’t think about that, makes sense.

Comment

The best one I’ve seen so far was some ammo for trade on TGT, the individual wanted to trade his ammo for a set amount (which was inflated for today’s prices) but was only willing to give you pre pandemic pricing on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Who did you blame for posting your avitar sideways?
                        I didn’t blame anyone, as I could care less. I put a picture simply so it’s easier to differentiate my post when scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          I’m not hoarding ammo because I expect to fight with thousands of rounds. I’m hoarding ammo so I can continue my lifestyle of hunting and shooting while others sit around on social media crying about not being able to find any. I do have defensive ammo for that intent, but I’m not fooling myself into thinking I’ll last hundred or thousands of rounds worth of fighting.
                          Agreed. I have 10 loaded AR mags for an “Alamo” scenario. That will be either enough to win or I won’t be alive at the end of it.

I have generally kept about 1,000 rounds of 5.56, 600 rounds of 9mm, and 3 boxes per hunting bolt gun. Shooting once a week, that’s about a 3 month supply. Has worked fine until now so long as you’re able to replace what you shoot. Unfortunately that hasn’t been possible, even at the rate of a couple boxes at a time in most cases.

I don’t begrudge anyone for stocking/“hoarding” whatever stores allow them to buy. To say differently is basically the argument of the left, “you don’t need ALL that money, two houses, a pair of $75k vehicles, a boat that costs more than someone’s house,” etc. However I do generally leave some for the next guy, if there’s 10 boxes I might buy 8 and leave 2.

I had been of the mindset that the price gouger re-sellers were basically the scum of the earth until I considered that some of them (admittedly probably a small number) might be out of work guys looking to bring whatever $ they could home to pay the bills. It’s not worth my time to drive all over town trying to buy 3 boxes of ammo, put them on gunbroker, and ship them out to make $100, but I’m fortunate. I’m still not a fan of it, but I’ve lessened my hate. Bottom line is the same, if everyone stopped paying inflated prices, that would end.

Comment

There's some 6.5CM in the classifieds here now for....................

wait for it......................................

$75/box of 20!!! $3.75 a round! Dumb as hell.
                            Last edited by LFD2037; 01-15-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I read a article that was on Biden and the Democrats. He supposedly, will not allow sales of Ammo for ARs, AK47 (Assualt guns) including shotguns guessing double 00 buck shot. You will need to have a registration card to purchase small amounts of ammo. Then raise the heck out of prices or taxes on the manufacture’s. Which will cost us at the register. He doesn’t or mention about shotgun shells. Dove hunting may be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                                I read a article that was on Biden and the Democrats. He supposedly, will not allow sales of Ammo for ARs, AK47 (Assualt guns) including shotguns guessing double 00 buck shot. You will need to have a registration card to purchase small amounts of ammo. Then raise the heck out of prices or taxes on the manufacture’s. Which will cost us at the register. He doesn’t or mention about shotgun shells. Dove hunting may be a challenge.
                                Ain’t going to happen, but if they can keep everyone scared enough we will keep maintaining our own problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X