No announcement yet.

I pledge allegiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several founding fathers, including Jefferson, said educating our citizens in our history is vital to preserving it. It instills pride and unity.

Schools have fallen away from the goal of educating history. Students think it is pointless. We have failed and this is what happened as a result. We should get involved with the school board and force these issues. You don't have to run for the board, but go to the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
      When I went to school many moons ago, the pledge of allegiance was the first thing we did when we hit the classroom.

Do they even do this anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, me too. Would be surprised if my daughter could say... though she IS 3

It’s funny she came home the other day, and started to recite it, “Congratulations... to the flag...”. Lmao

... and then there was our prayers before bed “Our father, who art in Heaven... Howard be thy name..”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post

It’s funny she came home the other day, and started to recite it, “Congratulations... to the flag...”. Lmao

... and then there was our prayers before bed “Our father, who art in Heaven... Howard be thy name..”

My neighbor was a school coach when I was in elementary and said lord prayer that way... as a grown man! (Biden sign in yard)

I swear:

“Our lord... who is in heaven? Howard be thy name....

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post

Lol!! That’s really awesome right there.

Keep on raising them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            ... and a woman
            That just made me sick....What an idiot...you would think coming from a guy named Emanuel he would know better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by bakin7005; 01-15-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Yall throw "indivisible " in there somewhere
              Yup missed it. But Amen!

Comment

I teach HS

We still say both pledges and have a minute long moment of silence.
                Daily.

Comment

Every day in grammar school. We also had to stand up beside our desk with our hand over our heart! My have times have changed.

Comment

Working...
                  X