No announcement yet.

Pheasant recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheasant is at its best in heavier dishes. It won't break down after being simmered awhile like chicken, and it has enough flavor to hold its own. I use it a lot in Indian dishes - curries are perfect for pheasant. That being said, I prefer to only use the breasts.

Comment

Anyone who is an upland bird hunter owes it to themselves to purchase Hank Shaw's "Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail".

I can assure anyone they would have no shortage of amazing recipes to try, unless you are the lazy cook who thinks wild game is only edible if chicken fried.

I have three pheasants aging at this moment and one tonight will be used in this recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        I assure you that I can cook. Of all game that I eat, I rank pheasants pretty low.
        Goose, duck, dove, quail, pheasant,

How do you rank the above?

Comment

I used to work on the Mesa Vista Ranch. They have a cookbook with parmesan encrusted pheasant. Im at work or i would post it, one of my favorite dishes from there.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            I used to work on the Mesa Vista Ranch. They have a cookbook with parmesan encrusted pheasant. Im at work or i would post it, one of my favorite dishes from there.
            I'd like to see that recipe.

Comment

Roast Pheasant on honest-food.net. I make twice a year for playoff and super bowl parties. The crowd keeps growing so must be doing something right.

Comment

Got them in the brine. Going to try and roast them tomorrow!! Wish me luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X