Tight budget friendly vacation ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tight budget friendly vacation ideas

Need a change of scenery for week or so. Wallet is tight from projects . Looking to relax without being covered in people . Whatchall got?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not being covered up in people? That’s gonna be tough.

Budget friendly, I’d say tent camp a public beach (PINS), or a state park.

Comment

Texas State parks. Pedernales falls, Llano state park. Camping at Mo Ranch, there are more.

Comment

I was gonna say primitive tent camping. State parks charge less for primitive camp sites. You won’t have electricity but you will still have access to water, it may or may not be at the camp site though.

Many, many years ago I did some primitive camping at Enchanted Rock state park. The primitive camp sites were on the other side of the hill from the main sites and only accessible on foot.

Comment

State parks or camping at the deer lease [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Camping in new braunfels on the Guadalupe. During the week it is pretty empty. That’s when we like to go.

Comment

State park. Get an RV site so you have running water and electricity. Take a portable AC to cool down your tent, it’s HOT!!

Comment

In this heat, no people? Find a beach or lake mid-week.

If you can suffer a few people maybe snapper fishing party boat Port A, or go hit some history museums

Comment

Tent camping in June?? I don’t have any ideas for ya but I am personally too old and grouchy to camp in the the summer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                    Tent camping in June?? I don’t have any ideas for ya but I am personally too old and grouchy to camp in the the summer heat.

We hear that a lot when we try to invite people to join us. We set our tent up under decent sized trees for shade and have a canopy outside of our tent. It’s really not that bad, in my opinion. A few cold beverages definitely help out as well lol.

Comment

Primitive camping in one of the National Forests. Usually no charges other than getting there and supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post

We bought a tent last year that has a flap on one wall specifically designed for a window unit AC to go in it!! It doesn’t keep it cool during the day but at night it can get chilly if you set the AC for 60 degrees!!!

Comment

Originally posted by C5BowHunter View Post
                          We hear that a lot when we try to invite people to join us. We set our tent up under decent sized trees for shade and have a canopy outside of our tent. It’s really not that bad, in my opinion. A few cold beverages definitely help out as well lol.
                          I tent camp quite a bit all year long. We do the same. Set up in shade makes it easy, but the best sleeping aid I’ve found is a 18V Milwaukee job site fan. That in our tent with a 5.0 battery will keep us comfortable for 2-3 full nights on a single charge.

Comment

How many in family?

Comment

2 adults , thank yall for the ideas .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X