Updated my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated my truck

Last fall after some consideration of the costs and benefits, we decided to drop a new engine in my 2000 Chevy 2500 and later repaint it. She had 245,000 miles on it and while still running strong was starting to falter with a bad piston. The gas mileage went from 9 to 16 mpg with the new Jasper motor.

We just picked it up from the body shop. We fixed a bunch of other little things, too, like a new dash, new automatic headlight sensor, new windshield, headliner, etc. While I do not have pictures of the engine, I do have before and after pics of the body work. The pictures do not do it justice, but we are extremely happy with the work.

You can't see it, but there was substantial hail damage to the hood and roof.
    He replaced both.

This is the Before:

And after.

Yes, he painted the tail gate the same maroon as the truck. I'm not sure I like it yet, but every day I like it more. He said it was just way too much black for him.

We are going to redo the bed liner with a DiY kit and roll it in. We are also going to put it on the bottom portion of the toolbox.

Now I need to get a new TBH sticker and pray gas prices drop so I can afford to drive it!

Did the same to the 03 Tundra. Nice driving a new paid off truck...

Comment

Got a new Jasper engine in my '13 Silverado. About 2000 miles on and so far so good. Now I need to get some quotes for paint repair and a windshield. Your truck looks good Tracey.

Comment

That's a very nice looking ride Ma'am!! Congratulations! For some reason, that tailgate looks funky to me too...

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Wow. That is once again a beautiful truck.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Dang, would never guess 245k in the after shot. I like how the gold was carried around to the tailgate.

Far cheaper than buying new these days!

Comment

Great makeover! I like it.

Comment

Dang that looks good!

I’m seriously thinking about doing the same thing to my 2006 Silverado. It has 360,000 miles on it, burns a little oil, and has that famous GM lifter tick tick tick tick….original engine and never opened it up, on my second transmission though.
                    Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 06-06-2022, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Smart move and looks good!

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Awesome job. Looks nice

Comment

Who did you use for paint & body? He did great work.

Comment

That must be the "Queen Ranch" model! nice work and aggie maroon is never a bad color choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X