No announcement yet.

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rec'd my order is ready email yesterday so I confirmed my order, paid the remaining balance. Afterwards, I rec'd another email stating my equipment should ship within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

I turned my buddy onto it last year. He is in remote Idaho and says it works flawlessly

Comment

This won't help...

Comment

Really excited to hear that it is actually a real thing. I was thinking is was just a myth. I am building my forever home later this year where there is almost zero cell coverage even. As soon as I get my address I am going to get on the waiting list. Rural internet has been stressing me out most of all about our move to the country, as I have a job that requires me to work from home some days.

Comment

There are around 1,900 starlink satellite in orbit. With several thousand left

Comment

Just got it installed. 48.4 mbps up, 10.9 down, latency at 26ms. This thing is awesome!

FYI...the router is in the attic and the signal is strong everywhere in the house. Even out in the driveway!
              Last edited by CabezaBlanca; 02-12-2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

waited for nearly a year to get mine - 4 months past the expected delivery date i cancelled for a refund. Elon should pay me interest on my deposit lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                  Just got it installed. 48.4 mbps up, 10.9 down, latency at 26ms. This thing is awesome!

FYI...the router is in the attic and the signal is strong everywhere in the house. Even out in the driveway!
                  Can you explain latency?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Can you explain latency?
                    Ping time = latency.
                    How long it takes your devices to send or receive data from the server.
                    This is the true measure of your speed.
                    Imagine it like the speed of sound.
                    You say something, how long before the person on the other end hears you?
                    Or water coming out of hose.
                    Latency would be like psi.
                    You have a hose putting out 5 gal a minute, and I have a hose putting out 5 gal a minute, but your hose is 4" and my hose is 1" inch.
                    PSI in the 1" hose is going to be going to be much higher( faster), even though we're both getting 5 gal a min.
                    Lot more to it and just a rough analogy but hopefully you get the idea.
                    Last edited by MadHatter; 02-12-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks that helps. We have put high hopes on Starlink at our rural property. Hopefully soon I can have madhatter out to install my dish and a ham antennae on a proper pole [emoji3][emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Thanks that helps. We have put high hopes on Starlink at our rural property. Hopefully soon I can have madhatter out to install my dish and a ham antennae on a proper pole [emoji3][emoji3]
                        Ha for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Ping time = latency.
                          How long it takes your devices to send or receive data from the server.
                          This is the true measure of your speed.
                          Imagine it like the speed of sound.
                          You say something, how long before the person on the other end hears you?
                          Or water coming out of hose.
                          Latency would be like psi.
                          You have a hose putting out 5 gal a minute, and I have a hose putting out 5 gal a minute, but your hose is 4" and my hose is 1" inch.
                          PSI in the 1" hose is going to be going to be much higher( faster), even though we're both getting 5 gal a min.
                          Lot more to it and just a rough analogy but hopefully you get the idea.
                          I have been telling my wife for years a shorter hose equals better performance…

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            I have been telling my wife for years a shorter hose equals better performance…
                            It's not how long the worm is, it's how it wiggles
                            I was speaking to the diameter though, not the length.

Comment

New averages are around 90 up, 14 down with 40 latency. Smokin compared to the old hotspots we were using. And light years faster than hughesnet!

Comment

I got my email notification!
                                Should have my dish in a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X