How Many Rounds Through Your AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Rounds Through Your AR

Plinking, hunting, training, matches… whatever you’ve used it for, how many rounds have you put through your AR(s)?

What brand?
    What parts have been replaced from wear?
    What do you primarily use it for?

My no-name home built gun has 7-10k rounds through it. DPMS upper receiver, DPMS BCG, CMC trigger. I did swap the original barrel around 5k, as accuracy was falling off and I wanted something lighter.

I did use it hard and heavy in three gun for awhile, but now it’s mostly a truck/hunting/all purpose rifle.

What about you?

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    Plinking, hunting, training, matches… whatever you’ve used it for, how many rounds have you put through your AR(s)?

What brand?
    What parts have been replaced from wear?
    What do you primarily use it for?

My no-name home built gun has 7-10k rounds through it. DPMS upper receiver, DPMS BCG, CMC trigger. I did swap the original barrel around 5k, as accuracy was falling off and I wanted something lighter.

I did use it hard and heavy in three gun for awhile, but now it’s mostly a truck/hunting/all purpose rifle.

What about you?
    Probably only 1,500 ish through my primary AR. Was shooting heavy for awhile then had kids, and the current ammo prices/issues have dampened the number of rounds I shoot, though I still go about every other week.

Main wear items would be gas rings, ejector and extractor springs, and I’d imagine at some point hammer springs. I know cam pins can break as well but usually show cracking before they go, so clean and inspect it. Make sure the gas key and gas block are still tight also.

Comment

Rock River Arms Elite Operator and Rock River Arms Varmint

About 4-5K through the Operator
      About 2K Through the Varmint

Gas rings in both. The Varmint still shoots 1/2”-3/4”, the Operator 1”. Same as when I first got them. Keep waiting on rounds to start key holing, but hasn’t happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Rock River Arms Elite Operator and Rock River Arms Varmint

About 4-5K through the Operator
        About 2K Through the Varmint

Gas rings in both. The Varmint still shoots 1/2”-3/4”, the Operator 1”. Same as when I first got them. Keep waiting on rounds to start key holing, but hasn’t happened yet.
        You have a long ways to go before you need to start worrying about keyholing.

Comment

I don't think any of my personal guns have more than 2k, and only one probably gets close.

Duty gun, 10s of thousands.

Comment

Working...
          X