X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post

Picture with Platform on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the looks of that rig! Hopefully I can find that pack at Academy soon. I have a bigger pack that I think i could fit all my sticks and platform into but I just havent tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I don't do any of this saddle stuff, but have spent yrs climbing structure & rope as a profession.
      What about just setting a rope and climbing the rope?
      I'm assuming these trees have limbs and we're not talking about a pine trunk.
      Maybe I'm missing something so forgive my ignorance, but it seems like it might pack easier & possibly be lighter.
      I do that alot. The inly issue is getting the rope up there. A throw ball early in the morning is a disaster. I have some paracord presets that do help some.

Comment

Strapped platform to sticks yesterday and and strapped that with saddle to an empty timber hawk backpack. Was pretty compact…. Weighed an ultra light 21 pounds!

Comment

thats a pretty compact package
          i've been looking for a better way to haul my stuff

Comment

Have you looked into the one sticking technique? You'll have everything already except for maybe a madrock descender and a multi-step aider.

For platform, I use the feet platform from my aluminum climber stand, its big (~20"x30") and only weighs 12 lb. Sure theres a lighter/smaller option for platform, but I have mine rigged up on a set of backpack and shoulder straps and hip belt which turns it into a frame that is used to carry the day pack and deer quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              I really like the looks of that rig! Hopefully I can find that pack at Academy soon. I have a bigger pack that I think i could fit all my sticks and platform into but I just havent tried it yet.
              Came with a quiver on one side. I just took it off. I can pack the plat form inside it, if I wanted to. Been pretty happy with it so far.

Comment

Done several test runs and configurations. The dreaded hawk minis pack best and are 2 pounds (almost) lighter. I had to go meet a dump truck so I’ll measure later. Judging by bow rope I’m 18’ to platform with a moderate climb. I’ll test some more methods and if minis will continue to get 18-20’ I’ll probably go xop 20” sticks.

One stick would run every deer out of the woods I hunt

Comment

I use the eblerstock 2 pack for my gear.. 2 sticks on each side and my platform in the middle.. I wear my saddle in. It's a frame pack so it can be used to haul meat if you are far enough from the truck.. I usually stuff my jacket or rain gear inside it has side pouches I keep my limb saw and hand shears in.. As well as my aider deer drag etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Done several test runs and configurations. The dreaded hawk minis pack best and are 2 pounds (almost) lighter. I had to go meet a dump truck so I’ll measure later. Judging by bow rope I’m 18’ to platform with a moderate climb. I’ll test some more methods and if minis will continue to get 18-20’ I’ll probably go xop 20” sticks.

One stick would run every deer out of the woods I hunt
                    I'm not sure why you feel 1 sticking would do that. Have you watched any of the 1-stick videos? It's really not any more movement then placing multiple sticks on the tree.

What 1-sticking does that multiple sticks don't afford you the luxury of is rappelling down after your hunt is over. I have zero interest in trying to climb down with sticks in the dark after being able to come down like batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                      I'm not sure why you feel 1 sticking would do that. Have you watched any of the 1-stick videos? It's really not any more movement then placing multiple sticks on the tree.

What 1-sticking does that multiple sticks don't afford you the luxury of is rappelling down after your hunt is over. I have zero interest in trying to climb down with sticks in the dark after being able to come down like batman.
                      I’ve watched and done it…. I’m not hunting the same animal they are…. It will 100% get you up a tree and down. It will NOT get you within 50-70 yards of bedded deer I have at least 1 if not more hunts a year where deer are at shooting range before I’m set up… and I’m from ground to ready to kill in well under 5 minutes. Climb up… slide down grab a stick, stand up. Great if it works for you… it will not for me. Repelling is fast way down… with another 8 pounds of rope and more gear.

If it fits your style, stay with it…. It will not work for me

Comment

My climber is a lot less bulky than this. I don’t understand.

Comment

An amsteel aider on the bottom stick would give you another 17" with a single and 34" on a double. Bought mine from customamsteelproducts.com. Single is $15 and double is $25 for Hawk Sticks. It was pretty easy to mount in the stick.

Comment

If your making to much noise with either method your doing it wrong.
                            I agree, everyone should do whichever method works best for them.

Op, mini sticks with aiders is a good option. May look into strapping some minis to your platform and using some pack straps on your platform if you don’t want an actual pack. Could be a viable option

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              My climber is a lot less bulky than this. I don’t understand.
                              For me I'll take this over my Summit climber hanging next to it. If the climber works for you stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                                If your making to much noise with either method your doing it wrong.
                                I agree, everyone should do whichever method works best for them.

Op, mini sticks with aiders is a good option. May look into strapping some minis to your platform and using some pack straps on your platform if you don’t want an actual pack. Could be a viable option
                                That’s what I did today. It packed nice…ish and I could easily transport to any destination I’ve been too. With NO aiders and minis I got just under 18’… with 4.

I’m probably going novix minis with current arrangement and possibly add a single loop amsteel aider to middle sticks…. Possibly. I don’t like them on bottom. Too many times deer pick out that step. Blows my mind. They just know it’s different

Im getting a method down and got a lot of stealth stripping to do. I see it’s situational value. Time will tell

It ain’t noise of other methods it’s miles of unnecessary movement… which will by nature make more noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X