Dad hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
    Dad soaked my thumb in vinaigrette to get me to stop sucking my thumb. Worked but dunno if best solution lol this was before wokeness was a thing. In for other hacks, having a baby girl in October. First for me.

Good luck got two of em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      That’s my boy too. Luckily w live in the country. First few days at school was hard on him .
      YEP!

Even in neighborhood my boy would pee outside. If someone else dont like it o well

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
        if they have a power wheels, take out battery that comes with it and wire in a 18-20v cordless drill battery. Then find a screw in the shifter and remove it to unlock "faster gear". My girls would barley be moving when in the yard, now they fly around. super easy
        Find a truck innertube and cut it into sections the width of the tire. Stretch around the plastic drive wheels and hold on. Greatly increased traction.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

When my son was crawling, he would take naps in the floor like most kids. Then he'd wake up and take off, or roll under furniture, or get into ****, and I would lose him. At 1st the dog would always lay beside him and let me know when he woke up, then he started bribing the dog so he got in on the scam. So I started waiting until he fell asleep, then I'd turn a laundry basket upside down over top of him.

Comment

Kas…I did that to a set of oversized snow bibs shoulder straps in the rear. Still rocking to same tie after 4 years and two girls.

A rubber hair band twisted and looped around shorts draw string make a super adjustable, comfortable, and kid friendly string cinch. I use this on my neckerchiefs and all draw strings.

Cookies barbeque sauce on anything will get eaten.

Double bubble gum used as a carrot on a stick will get unperforming kiddos to perform.

Count up or count down to get bodies to move faster. Determine amount of time for a given task and start counting. Marine Corps Boot Camp parenting. It helps them learn their numbers and counting and to move faster when compelled with discipline if said task is not completed by end of countdown. Mississippis often replaces seconds. Counting by 2s, 5s or 10s (10,20,30,40, etc) increments can be substituted to mix up the monotony for 1 mississippi at a time. Zero is a number to not be overlooked. My girls dont respond well to counting sequentially emphatic. I have to let them know the time alloted…and announce achieved interval points on the timeline… 100 seconds allotted…every 10 seconds is announced on countdown. T minus 10 seconds gets louder to zero. Its never a pleasant experience, but bodies get moving.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
              My son had a terrible habit of taking his clothes off including is diapers.
              So I put duct tape across the waste.
              Fixed that
              Use electrical tape. It flexes and stretches a bit better. If you are like me, and know your wife will not be happy with you, at least be able to say see, it still stretches as he moves, but doesn't come off. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                When my son was crawling, he would take naps in the floor like most kids. Then he'd wake up and take off, or roll under furniture, or get into ****, and I would lose him. At 1st the dog would always lay beside him and let me know when he woke up, then he started bribing the dog so he got in on the scam. So I started waiting until he fell asleep, then I'd turn a laundry basket upside down over top of him.
                I mean, that's just good parenting

Comment

My wife hates it because "the baby needs to learn to use a spoon" but in the interest of efficiency you can put that baby food in a large syringe and shoot that stuff right down their mouths. Zero cleanup.

Comment

Ordered the DeWalt adapters for the power wheels. I will be searching for the screw that allows high gear!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Ordered the DeWalt adapters for the power wheels. I will be searching for the screw that allows high gear!
                      Jon, it's in the floorboard where the shifter is... It's just a little screw with a tab that keeps the shifter from being put in the higher speed gear...

BTW

ANYONE WHO WANTS THEM, I HAVE A JOHN DEERE "GATOR" AND "TRACTOR WITH FEL" THAT IS THE 12 VOLT ELECTRICS THAT MY GRANDSONS OUTGREW THAT ARE SOMEWHAT DISASSEMBLED, BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW ARE PRETTY MUCH COMPLETE. IF ANYONE WANTS THEM, PM ME AND I'LL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET ONE OR BOTH TO YOU FOR FREE!

Comment

If your young ones have problems pronouncing "R"s, have them lay on their back with their heads hanging over the side of the bed and have them say words with "R's (firetruck, french fry, etc..). Worked wonders for my youngest daughter- immediate results.

Comment

Show them how cool the lawnmower, weedeater, and blower is. Then tell them how great they are using them. Even say things like, Man. Wish I could do it as good as you do!! They'll mow 3 times a week. Until about 14.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Show them how cool the lawnmower, weedeater, and blower is. Then tell them how great they are using them. Even say things like, Man. Wish I could do it as good as you do!! They'll mow 3 times a week. Until about 14.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk
                            Word. Lessons on the zero turn are a big reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                              Good luck got two of em!

Thanks! I’m sure I’ll need a lot of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                                Thanks! I’m sure I’ll need a lot of it lol

Whiskey helps [emoji23]

Comment

Working...