Tab vs. Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tab vs. Glove

I heard that a shooting machine will yield the best possible speed. It follows that a tab or a glove would yield a slower arrow than a machine.

But, which one (tab or glove) would slow an arrow less?

Tab

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Tab

Bisch

X2

Rick

Comment

I'm from Missouri. Someone is gonna have to show me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I'm from Missouri. Someone is gonna have to show me
          Yep, chronograph data/video would be good.

Comment

I'm from Missouri. Someone is gonna have to show me.

Originally posted by awry View Post
            Yep, chronograph data/video would be good.
            Quite a number of years ago I did just that.
            I was immediately accused of skewing the shots, etc.

No matter. I can, and usually do use the data for myself whether anyone else wants to use, or even believe it, so all is good.

That was many years before I started building tabs for others.

If a glove were better, I guarantee I would be using one, but different strokes for different folks. You need to use whatever it is you believe in.

Rick

Comment

I shoot a tab because I personally get a cleaner release and am more accurate because of it. Im not worried about speed. It’s overrated..

Comment

Bare fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                  I shoot a tab because I personally get a cleaner release and am more accurate because of it. Im not worried about speed. It’s overrated..
                  I shot an ASA shoot inTyler today. Good many 25+ yard shots. A little more speed would sure help get my arc a little lower.

Comment

I'm fine with the statement. But with no relative data that's like saying a Ford is better than a Chevy.
                    Is it 5% faster? 10? 50%?
                    If it's 1.5fps faster that don't mean squat. 10, 15fps, now that's significant.

Comment

Tab, works for Brady Ellison and his Olympic archery buds, and works for me too.

Comment

I'm fine with the statement. But with no relative data that's like saying a Ford is better than a Chevy.

I doubt you would/will ever see a difference of 10 to 15 fps, but you sure might see 5.

I have seen some Germany shooters data, where they showed a 5 fps increase in speed between different type tabs, but they were only researching tabs, so no gloves were used.

The thing to remember is, even a slight speed increase means that the string is getting off of your fingers slicker/quicker. The quicker it gets off those fingers, the less time you have to screw things up. That makes it significant in my opinion.

It took me a long LONG time to finally commit to using a tab. Once I finally did, learned how to use it correctly, and realized how much better my shooting became from it, I never wanted a glove again. But, that's just me.

Like I said earlier, "you" need to use what "you" believe in.

Rick

Comment

Tab vs. Glove

He didn’t ask “how much faster”. He just asked “which would slow an arrow less”. If a tab was .5fps faster, then tab would still be the answer to his question!

Like Rick said, use what works best for you. There is no right or wrong; only consistent and inconsistent!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                            I shot an ASA shoot inTyler today. Good many 25+ yard shots. A little more speed would sure help get my arc a little lower.
                            No disrespect but I highly doubt the difference between a glove and tab is going to make any significant difference at any distance.
                            If your looking to gain more speed for a flatter trajectory there are lot of other things you could do in combination to achieve a difference.
                            Like a skinnier string, different or no silencers, lower brace height, lighter arrows, ect.. but remember, there is always a give and take. when you gain something in one aspect you usually loose something in another.
                            I can easily build and have built bows that will shoot over 200fps with 10 gpp, but they are not pleasant to shoot. Imo, speed is overrated

Comment

I can definitely see an advantage to a tab. Especially if your anchor requires contact between a certain facial spot and a fingertip.
                              But I've seen this posted before and the numbers were not significant and like Rick said. So many things affect our arrow speed.
                              I'd think shooting whichever makes you a more consistent shot would be more the consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X