No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to try and hunt the island maybe another place or 2 the 12th and 13th if i can get some scouting in this weekend. Holler if anyone else is gonna be out there that weekend we can compare notes. Hopefully i will have something to put up on here after that weekend.

Comment

Got a chance to get out to TB this weekend so i will be hunting/scouting a few units this weekend. Be in a gray dodge 1500 and maybe on a hunter green gator. Holler at me if you wanna know any details.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
        Got a chance to get out to TB this weekend so i will be hunting/scouting a few units this weekend. Be in a gray dodge 1500 and maybe on a hunter green gator. Holler at me if you wanna know any details.
        Might be out that way Sun. I got an invite to hunt a place just outside of Knickerbocker. Figure I would check out TB while I'm out there.

Comment

Hello all. I finally decided to stop lurking and join up. Outstanding forum. We live on line road, just outside of area 1. I was finally able to move back home to San Angelo from North Florida. I work for the city and get off at midnight and have seen a bunch of deer on 584. Im usually going 45mph burning the high beams once I turn off 277. I have never hunted TBR, but it sure would be convenient. Has anyone had muck luck in area 1?

Comment

One of the best areas to hunt; you will find a lot of good areas to set up and be left alone.

Comment

I drove out there this week when I was hunting out of Knickerbocker. I came down FM 2166 and as I came in the gate, I saw a flock of turkeys (about 15) to the right going across a field. Of course, this was on private property, but they was only a couple hundred yards off. Didn't spend a lot of time out there since I never could get my printer to work and print me off a map before I left.
              Oh, what happen to the lake?? Ain't hardly any water in it!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397153056.752037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24297927

Assuming you have a smart phone...

Save this image to your phone and now you have the hunting map of all the areas

Also assuming you have a smart phone...

Download Google Earth so you have instant aerial map view capabilities.

I love showing people around at the lake so if you need some guidance I could show you around pretty anywhere you'd like to go

Comment

Also Turbo what department of the City do you work for?

Comment

I"m a operator at the water reclamation plant on city farm road.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      I drove out there this week when I was hunting out of Knickerbocker. I came down FM 2166 and as I came in the gate, I saw a flock of turkeys (about 15) to the right going across a field. Of course, this was on private property, but they was only a couple hundred yards off. Didn't spend a lot of time out there since I never could get my printer to work and print me off a map before I left.
                      Oh, what happen to the lake?? Ain't hardly any water in it!!!
                      Yeah they have about pumped the south pool dry and nasworthy is looking bad. I have seen birds on that same public land and watched them leave the field and stay on public land.

Comment

Turbomech... That's funny we we are doing work out there right now replacing the beltpresses... We are the electricians on the job...

Comment

Cool. I was on maintenance today. I stopped by and talked to Sammy, he said you guys just left. I'm off till Tuesday. Im working 12am to 8am.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                            Assuming you have a smart phone...

I love showing people around at the lake so if you need some guidance I could show you around pretty anywhere you'd like to go
                            I'm old school as it gets!!! Still carrying around the old flip up style phone. After I left, for some unknown reason, the printer started printing one night. My boy got up one morning, walked in the living room and all these maps were on the floor!!
                            Wished I could have gotten up with you when I was there, just to show me how to access all the areas. Maybe next year.

Comment

So DuramaxDude did you get a chance to hunt the Island this Wkend and if you did how you do.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                                So DuramaxDude did you get a chance to hunt the Island this Wkend and if you did how you do.
                                I did get a chance to hunt the island without much luck tho. I had a flat and got out there late but still in enough time one morning and there was already someone out there so i stuck to the west side and saw nothing and only heard gobbles on the private land to the west. Hunted near the creekbed and tree line on the east one evening and didnt even see close to half as many birds roosting on the public or private land as i did last year. I didnt see any or hear any gobbling on the public land. I only saw a dozen or so hens roost on the public land side and i was able to get 1 gobbler to gobble on roost on the island. I didnt see or hear near the amount birds I did last year. I dont know if it was just the weekend and weather or the island has been hunted too much already. I ran into 3 guys out there last weekend. Then the one truck this weekend and i dont know how many were out there in it. I ended up getting one on a my buddy's place between christoval and wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X