Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
    When you qualify with you bow, can you use the practice BH's or do you have to use the ones you hunt with?
    HD use to be Broad head but I think that is one of the things that is changing this year. also if you qualified last year you do not need to qualify this year.
    But I will say it again when the new book comes out please read it. There are things in there we dont know until we see it in black and white.

Kevin I still have all of those coolers for you, I will work with Tim to come up with your styro-foam cut-outs.

Comment

Well i guess lubing the spinner plate on the feeder and a little bit of Pig Out brought them back in and on camera. The only bad thing is they are at 3:30am. Had a couple hornless bucks too but after another hour of walking, still no sheds. May have to try another section to find me some.

Comment

Originally posted by birdranger View Post
        hey all no turkey season for me headed to the dark continent quick, fast and in a hurry.. All be safe and enjoy the thunder chickens kill one or two for me...
        god bless you brother. Look forward to your safe return!

Comment

Thanks all gonna have a good time doing some teaching be back right as bow season opens up for a month and then back again good thing I did PCI's and got everything all set up now and not later. You guys keep them birds safe and miss one or two for me so I can get them next year, I will check in from time to time and post some pics from down there, I am hoping to get to SA and do a hunt I can bring my bow so it is on my packing list... See what happens..

Comment

I was just looking at the area access open/closed list and at the area hunt map. Not all the areas are listed on the open/closed list. Like 105 for example. Does that mean it is always open?

Comment

HD I have attached the 2010-2011 guide but that will change here in a few months when we get the 2011-2012 guide. Bottom line the web site is ran by a fellow hunter and guide he is not affiliated with the sportsman center or range control. As it states in the guide it is the hunter’s responsibility to check in and out the access roster is a half arse way of planning IMO. The best way call teletrac and if it is down call the sportsman center area access 287-5847. This # will get you the guys in the back not the girls up front. If you call 532-4552 who knows who will answer the phone.
              I hope this helps

The new guide usually comes out when they start to sell the new lic on the 15 Aug of each year.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hows, everyone doing. I just got back from NTC flew in this morning

Comment

Strange critters wandering the woods of Hood! I'd hate to meet one of them in the dark.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                    I was just looking at the area access open/closed list and at the area hunt map. Not all the areas are listed on the open/closed list. Like 105 for example. Does that mean it is always open?
                    It doesn't mean anything. The only thing that means anything is Teletrac the day you call. And no, 105 is not always open. Most days it is, but I've caught it closed a couple times. Why? I have no idea. It's best not to ask. When you start asking questions, strange and undesireable things sometimes happen.

Comment

Originally posted by awhx4 View Post
                      Hows, everyone doing. I just got back from NTC flew in this morning
                      Welcome back Aaron

Comment

small get going away party Sat evening my place at 7pm food and shooting allowed let me know if any interest

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                          Strange critters wandering the woods of Hood! I'd hate to meet one of them in the dark.

Especially the the guy with the club foot. Haha

Comment

went out last night and was able to get two pigs one was about 80lbs and the other was around 30. I wanted to use my bow or TC but the 30-06 won the bet (Im almost out of pork) oh well fresh pork is better than none. Im going to try to make some Canadain Bacon out of the straps the 30lb pig im going to BBQ it whole.I hope it all turns out ok.
                            FLIP

Comment

Where is a good place to get my DL adjusted, and my bow tuned?

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                                It doesn't mean anything. The only thing that means anything is Teletrac the day you call. And no, 105 is not always open. Most days it is, but I've caught it closed a couple times. Why? I have no idea. It's best not to ask. When you start asking questions, strange and undesireable things sometimes happen.
                                thats because someone forgot to put the area in on the computer

Comment

Working...
                                X