No announcement yet.

Hunters in Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, best thing you could have done for yourself and your family. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Congrats! Keep it up! Also very noble and brave to put it out there for everyone. That tells me you are well on your way!

Comment

Keep up the great work! Nothing but respect!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I'm proud for you. Stay strong and beat it.

(On a lighter note, can I have all of your leftover booze?)

I'm no help, but I hope you can find ways to hunt without the addiction of alcoholism.

Comment

Pat on the back from me!! Keep collecting those coins!

Comment

Congrats!!! Keep it up. While I can't speak from experience, I have watched family members who have kicked the addiction and some who still need to. We celebrate those who have and worry like he11 about those who haven't. Keep in mind, you have a made a great positive impact for yourself as well as for those who love you.

Comment

August was my 10 year anniversary...congratulations and welcome to the club

As Blake said, don't put yourself into situations where it causes you to have to fight the temptation...all of your friends will want you to succeed. Anyone who doesn't want you to succeed and tries to get you to have "just one" with them (obviously speaking of people who know that you have decided to walk a different path), are showing you that they truly aren't your friend. And that includes family members I have family and friends that I love dearly, that I rarely ever spend any time with...it just wasn't worth the fight, and I was better off to just walk away from them, than to continue to try to make them see what was best for me

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

As Blake said, don't put yourself into situations where it causes you to have to fight the temptation...all of your friends will want you to succeed. Anyone who doesn't want you to succeed and tries to get you to have "just one" with them (obviously speaking of people who know that you have decided to walk a different path), are showing you that they truly aren't your friend. And that includes family members I have family and friends that I love dearly, that I rarely ever spend any time with...it just wasn't worth the fight, and I was better off to just walk away from them, than to continue to try to make them see what was best for me
                  That is well said!

Good luck with your journey, Tsnow! Pulling for you!

Comment

smoke Hippee lettuce

this cracked me up.

Congratulations on the best decision you can make on your next drink. No is acceptable.

Comment

This. It will be 10 years in May for me and it's the best decision for ME that I could have made. I came from the factory minus the "OFF" switch when it came to alcohol. Finally made the decision after 20 plus years of drinking and basically f'n up everything. There are plenty of people here who have been right where you are, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need to. As said by others, if you have a "friend" who tries to minimize your decision or talk you into a "couple", cut em loose.

Comment

Congrats! Keep it up stay strong! I’m hoping to gather some strength and willpower from your story and battle my vice head on! It’s been a tough few months but it makes me hopeful when I read these kinda stories.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                          Keep it up... might want to try Celebrate Recovery as my wife works for a Non-Profit and may of them are in that program.
                          I go to CR at my church every Thursday night. AA all of the other evenings.

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Definitely not "against the rules" brother. IMO, you made the best decision in your life. I made that same decision on 12-27-87 when I was 19 yrs old. Been sober for 31+ yrs living one day at a time. Hunting is more enjoyable, concerts are much better, relationships are more amicable, spending time at the camp with others is better, etc... Still today at 51 yrs old, I need to exercise caution and not put myself in problematic situations. It's Okay to say no and walk away, or not go out with friends who do not know when to stop drinking.

I have nothing against people who still drink or smoke Hippee lettuce. Some can handle it and be productive members of society, whereas others can't and are in denial. That's their prerogative to do what they want regardless of the outcome. I have no doubt the best thing that ever happened to me is being a drug addict and alcoholic. I should have died or overdosed dozens of times as God had a different plan. I'm just thankful that I let him take control since my way was definitely not working.

Thanks for being honest as you have nothing to be ashamed of. There are lots of TBH'ers in recovery as you are not alone.

Thanks Brother!

Congrats on 10 years! My sponsor told me, welcome to the largest organization that no one wants to be a member of... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            This. It will be 10 years in May for me and it's the best decision for ME that I could have made. I came from the factory minus the "OFF" switch when it came to alcohol. Finally made the decision after 20 plus years of drinking and basically f'n up everything. There are plenty of people here who have been right where you are, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need to. As said by others, if you have a "friend" who tries to minimize your decision or talk you into a "couple", cut em loose.
                            Nicely done, keep working toward your 10 years Sir! I can relate to the "OFF" switch comment!

Comment

Congratulation on a great decision!!
                              I was a heavy drinker for many years and I quit about 12 years ago to support my wife in her sobriety. One of the best decision either of us ever made. It wasn't a struggle for me but my wife had a hard time for few years. I went to many AA meetings with her and never understood how someone declaring everyday that they're an alcoholic could help them stay sober, I know it wouldn't work for me. But if it works for others then by all means, keep doing what works! My wife found it helped her so we continued to go for a few years. One day we just stopped going and haven't been to one in several years. I asked her a while back if she ever feels a need for a drink anymore and she replied, "Pffft, that crap? I can't stand the thought of it anymore!" Just goes to show it can get easier with enough time.
                              What helped me was knowing that the only thing with authority over me was God and if He and I decided drinking didn't work in my life then together we would no longer let it have any control over me. I used to abuse alcohol very heavily but I won't call myself an alcoholic. The way I see is that I used to drink, and now I just dont.
                              I did the same with cigarettes and gambling about 20 years ago. Quit them both after a bad night of gambling and realizing I was under their control. Both were beating me and if kept going one would take me down financially and the other would take whatever life I had left. So I walked away, no fighting or struggling with it, just made a decision to walk away from both. The only way I could win is if I didn't participate at all. So if I continue, I lose. If l quit, I win. Simple choice.
                              I understand this is just what works for me and I know others have different needs and different ways of dealing with these things. Just thought I'd share my story in case it helps. By all means do whatever you find that works for you and stick with it. Dont give up! Your life will thank you later!
                              Good luck brother and I'll pray for you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to you! Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X