Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
    Damage control.

I figured he was gonna have killed something on Amistad after building it up about seeing almost 30 deer in one sit , what a bummer ...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
      Yeah the description on the video has since been edited on YouTube but if you see the original post it still has the original “ public land hunt “ and also some comments that were on the video on YouTube were deleted.!!!

Gotcha, I just saw this today and missed all that. I knew it wasn't Amistad or if so wish I could find those trees.

Comment

I’m heading down this weekend, anyone else going to be hunting Amistad?

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
          I’m heading down this weekend, anyone else going to be hunting Amistad?

Yeap gonna Be our there duck hunting all weekend .! Just kidding good luck hope you get something down .!!!!

I am going to give duck hunting a try this year maybe later this year .!!!!

Comment

Thanks, I’ve been thinking about trying duck hunting myself. Never done it but have good friends that won’t hardly bow hunt anymore because they would rather shoot ducks.

Comment

I’ve considered duck hunting out there but with no dog I’d just have to hope the wind would blow them to shore or be ready to swim for them. HaHa.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                I’ve considered duck hunting out there but with no dog I’d just have to hope the wind would blow them to shore or be ready to swim for them. HaHa.
                Fishing pole with braid and a big ole lure with treble hooks works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                  Fishing pole with braid and a big ole lure with treble hooks works pretty well.

That’s gonna be my plan or take the kayak out to retrieve them ducks , that is if I’m lucky enough to get shoot one .! Any tips are appreciated ..!!!!!

Comment

I saw you can duck hunt there have any of yall been seeing ducks

Comment

I duck hunt on the coast, thought about trying Amistad but never seen enough birds flying to make it worth bothering with. Exception of one year a while back when we had a major drought going on. Talked to a couple guys out there once and they seemed to be excited to kill one or two a day. I'll pass.

Comment

Took this guy Saturday just outside Amistad
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hows Amistad looking?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigkuntryrick View Post
                            Hows Amistad looking?

I was in Area 5 for 3 days last week and the only Mouflon to be found were on the back side; mostly outside the boundary and those that were inside, were just barely. They remained in the open so stalking was tough to say the least. Closest we got was 70 yards. Saw about 6-7 does but they were on the move.

Tough conditions throughout the entire hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetlander View Post
                              I was in Area 5 for 3 days last week and the only Mouflon to be found were on the back side; mostly outside the boundary and those that were inside, were just barely. They remained in the open so stalking was tough to say the least. Closest we got was 70 yards. Saw about 6-7 does but they were on the move.

Tough conditions throughout the entire hunt.

So sounds like its looking good with the does running! lol I mean as long as there are deer then we are alright!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigkuntryrick View Post
                                So sounds like its looking good with the does running! lol I mean as long as there are deer then we are alright!
                                That depends on why they're running, seems like the **** things run to the next county if spooked by hunters. These are some freaking wild deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X