This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Yep! I always wonder when coaches get fired just who is good enough or is there anyone good enough to get the job done. Same ole guys pop up every time that got run off from some where else. Then a new up and comer from lower divisions (like UofH and Sumlin and Herman and maybe a third guy) get his try. Then he gets in the rotation.

There are very very few #1's. Even the great one's run their course after awhile.

Coaching is like preaching. Every year your somewhere you **** off 10% of the population. After 5 years you have more than 50% ****** at you and hollering for your head. It's time to move on or get fired. Sometimes it doesn't even last that long.

As a coach you make your living off of 18-22 year olds on the field.

Off the field rich alumni that think they know whats best cause they donate money and build buildings.

Sure they make big money which is not what it is about for a true coach. Its about getting the best out of young people. Wanting to compete and match wits with other coaches. Every week you plan your best to stop and beat your opponent. All that week the other group is planning to stop and beat you. Somethings gotta give!

I have thought sometimes it would be like a fan watching a game on TV and both teams have their own announcers calling the game at the same time with the volume on high.

Everyone needs to try some of that!
    I have done this before but not with fans of the other teams. It can be a lot of fun. One thing for sure would be both sides would hate the Refs!

Your avatar for me is coming up.
    Last edited by 18ncs; 11-18-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

DB University stands for something other than defensive back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Herman on #Texas fans being disgruntled about the state of the program: “They have every right to be if they’re true supporters. We have not played to the level of our expectations.” #HookEm

Don’t be a conservative twit Herm, stay with tempo and win some **** football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If the same tu team/scheme/intensity that showed up for the LSU game had showed up for all their conference games Texas U would be undefeated in conference. Maintaining a high level of intensity week in and out is hard enough, throw in some injuries and it can be a long season.

I'm still holding out hope that my Aggies can beat at least one of the last two. The defense is firing on all cylinders. Very aggressive and showing some promise. The offense needs to cut out the penalties and just get a LITTLE BIT of blocking to buy Mond a few seconds to hit an occasional deep pass. Running back position and Wydermyer look lights out.

Beating LSU -in Death Valley, at night -would be a miracle, but the W against Georgia is possible. Run the ball to keep their offense off the field, short passes, run the clock and choke the game down to a snails pace.

Hope for 1-1 in the next few weeks is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I read up on Tua this morning and evidently they're talking full recovery expected. That's great to hear.

I do wonder how the coaching staff feels about leaving him in with that lead...but it could happen on any play, I guess. Praying he makes a full recovery and we see him back on the field soon.
            Before the game, Tua passed the physical and was medically cleared to play by the team physician. During the tv timeout (just prior to the injury) Saban asked Tua if he was ready to come out up 35-7. Tua told Saban No, he wanted to play the last 3 minutes before halftime.

I’m sure Saban feels bad for the kid but Tua made the choice to keep playing for at least 1 more series. Hind-sight is 20/20 as this freak injury could have happened to any player. Being that Tua was still in contention for the Heisman (albeit probably a distant 3rd place) he wanted to put up as many numbers he could before half-time since he’s a competitor.

Doctors will know today the severity of the hip injury since the femur ball fractured the inside if the hip joint. He’s very fortunate the femur did not protrude through the hip wall.

Comment

Great start so far! Hope they keep rolling!! Gotta go to Shreveport Sat night so will be listening on XM. Least I can get more cracklins and Yuengling! Hope Tua recovers well.

Geaux Tigers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Before the game, Tua passed the physical and was medically cleared to play by the team physician. During the tv timeout (just prior to the injury) Saban asked Tua if he was ready to come out up 35-7. Tua told Saban No, he wanted to play the last 3 minutes before halftime.

I’m sure Saban feels bad for the kid but Tua made the choice to keep playing for at least 1 more series. Hind-sight is 20/20 as this freak injury could have happened to any player. Being that Tua was still in contention for the Heisman (albeit probably a distant 3rd place) he wanted to put up as many numbers he could before half-time since he’s a competitor.

Doctors will know today the severity of the hip injury since the femur ball fractured the inside if the hip joint. He’s very fortunate the femur did not protrude through the hip wall.
                It's hard to fault the coach or the player for wanting to finish out the first half. If it was fourth quarter, maybe a different story. I feel for the kid and hope he makes a full recovery.

Classy video from SEC Shorts today.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzQhYr-Pj9o"]SEC Shorts - Thank you, Tua. - YouTube[/ame]
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Some things you never forget exactly where you were and what you were doing when they happen. I can remember this event, the shuttle explosion, and 911 like they just happened.

I remember the shuttle explosion and 911. My wife and I had only been dating about a month when bonfire happened. I didn't know what it was not being from Texas but I can bet she knows exactly where she was when she found out. Prayers sent for all those families.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    I remember the shuttle explosion and 911. My wife and I had only been dating about a month when bonfire happened. I didn't know what it was not being from Texas but I can bet she knows exactly where she was when she found out. Prayers sent for all those families.

The module, or what was left of it, landed about 1/2 mile behind my camp at TBend . . Six Mile area . .

Fighting Texas Aggies . .

Comment

I think this is a little while before the flight to Houston. The meds had kicked in.

I don’t have Twitter but copied the address. It may work. If someone can find it on Twitter an post it’s pretty funny.
                      Last edited by 18ncs; 11-18-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Anyone else see Joe Theismann break his leg on MNF? . .

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          Tonight, at 2:42 a.m., Texas A&M will acknowledge the 20th anniversary of Bonfire collapse. My daughter, Texas A&M Class of 2022, is planning on attending. I can only hope that she comes away from it with a better understanding of the pride her Dad has in being an Aggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                            Anyone else see Joe Theismann break his leg on MNF? . .

Yep. Very traumatizing for me as a young lad......nasty

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Arkansas (not Arky) and LSU-who game. The hogs have a lot to play for, and usually play LSU to the wire. Looking to see what a interim coach can do.

WPS!

Comment

52-10 Tigers this weekend. Keep the train rolling. Good luck to everyone but the Razorbacks. Geaux Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X