Vault Trailer Hub Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
    McClain said they'll fix it free of charge. With that being said, it's a +/- 45 minute drive from my house to where they're located. Nothing felt hot when I got home on Saturday, but how worried should I be about towing the trailer to the dealer?
    Good to know

do you have the option to launch the boat and haul it empty?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Good to know

do you have the option to launch the boat and haul it empty?
      The closest lake is Conroe, which is the same distance (if not farther) than driving to McClain. I guess that would defeat the purpose

As far as getting the work done for free, I'm pretty sure it's because it's within McClain's warranty period.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
        The closest lake is Conroe, which is the same distance (if not farther) than driving to McClain. I guess that would defeat the purpose

As far as getting the work done for free, I'm pretty sure it's because it's within McClain's warranty period.
        I have the same hubs on my trailer. I haven't had any problems yet, but have also heard that now and again they fail. Just drive nice and slow and hope that it doesn't seize. Or take that tire off and drive slow (assuming a dual axle trailer).

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          I have the same hubs on my trailer. I haven't had any problems yet, but have also heard that now and again they fail. Just drive nice and slow and hope that it doesn't seize. Or take that tire off and drive slow (assuming a dual axle trailer).
          From what I've read, it seems like most people a) like them and b) don't have any issues. It's a single axle trailer, so I'll just have to roll the dice. Is what it is at this point

Comment

Working...
          X